Tuesday, May 31, 2011

35 Weeks

I had an appointment today, so here's a little update on our  Monday milestone:
 
35 Weeks

Maternity Clothes:  I still think she must be awfully high b/c regular jeans are still fine... sometimes I don't even feel like I need the rubber band trick going on.  I am enjoying my maternity t-shirts though (regular fits, but it's nice to have more selection now that the maternity ones don't swallow me whole). :)
Movement: Anna Reaghan has had some very active evenings.  Several times her movements were SO big and so stretching they hurt and catch me off guard.  I've had to remind her she can't push her way out of the front of my stomach.  No can do.  Thankfully, she is still head down even though she's moved so much and switched which side her back is angled toward.  The doctor said Anna Reaghan has her spine out also which is the most optimal positioning.  Please stay that way!
Sleep: With both of my pregnancies, sleep hasn't been a huge issue.  I have nights now and then of pregnancy insomnia (more this time than with Asa), and I have to move around to find a comfy spot but it doesn't take terribly long.  If I have to get up in the night for the restroom, it's usually just once and not until 5 or 6.
Preparation:  Her room is soooo close to being ready. That is VERY exciting.  Today on the way back from my appointment, I picked up what I wanted to make a bow holder for Anna Reaghan's hair clips.  I think I'm mostly done prepping her room and need to move on to Asa's birthday party.  I just have little details left for her:  washing her bedding, sterilizing pump parts and a few bottles just in case, finishing touches in her room, and making sure my pack and play plan for our bedroom will work. :)
Prayer requests:  Please pray for the transition to a family for 4 for all of us!   And the usual labor and delivery things:  quick enough (hopefully faster than Asa's), smooth, no complications, nursing goes well, going home fast, speedy recovery, that my doctor would be in town :), and especially that MY HUSBAND would be in town (he has business across the country just before I turn 37 weeks and again just before I'm 38 weeks).  In MY mind, the optimal time is 40.5-41 weeks (my mom will be here by then to wait with us and would be available for Asa--she'll come whenever I go into labor if it's before then).  But I know God's timing was perfect with Asa, so I'm *trying* to trust that it's just as perfect for Anna Reaghan's arrival. :)

No comments: