Monday, April 18, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 29 weeks

I can't believe we're just a week away from the "30s."  It is unbelievable!  With Asa, hitting a 3 in the tens place really felt like we were on the home stretch.  I can't quite wrap my head around already being that far with Anna Reaghan, but I can feel that we're getting closer. ;)  It also makes me tear up just to peer into her room and imagine a tiny baby in our home, hearts, and lives again.  What a gift!!

Here's the down on how things are going...

How Far Along: 29 weeks
Maternity Clothes: I can wear some of my smaller maternity clothes without looking like I have a tent on, but I don't *have* to wear them.  I'm using the rubber band trick on my regular jeans (as of 2 weeks ago)... it makes them a smidge too big when I'm standing and walking around but just right for sitting. :)  Regular shirts.  I was the same way with Asa. :) (I wear maternity shirts/dresses when I want to accentuate Anna Reaghan's presence, like at her baby shower last weekend). 
Movement: Anna Reaghan is moving more and more.  She made me eat my words and gets hiccups frequently--I had previously commented that Asa had them all the time (at least twice/day at this point) and she never had them.  Ha ha.  She continues to be shy and stops moving the minute I put my hand on my stomach to feel her acrobatics from the outside.  But she is moving aplenty!
Position:  judging by the hiccups, I THINK she is head down, but I'm not sure.  If she is, hopefully she'll stay that way! :)



We heard the heartbeat again at our appointment on Friday.  It thump-thumped loud and strong at 145 bpm.  I get the impression our doctor does not think she'll be bigger than Asa (especially since he "cooked" 2 extra weeks).  So the current guess is that Anna Reaghan will weigh in the mid- to high 7s.

Heartburn has been present since earlier on than with Asa and it has taken up residence full time. :)  How fun if she has as much hair as Asa did--hairbows from the very start!  But we have some stretchy handbands to clip bows to if she doesn't have enough/much hair. ;)  We're bringing the Southern bows to NE Ohio either way!  I can now occasionally eat spaghetti (I never know ahead of time if it will sound good, but if it does sound palatable it's yummy)--Matt has rejoiced about that.  I am loving seeing Anna Reaghan's room coming together and can't wait to post pics to share with you.

We're all doing fine and praising God for no complications--easy and smooth so far, just like Asa.  I'm starting to slow down a smidge and trying to listen to my body's nudges to sit down when I need to and get back to taking a short nap while Asa naps.

Thank you for your excitement and prayers as we prepare to welcome Anna Reaghan into our arms and family.  We can't tell you how much we appreciate it!

No comments: