Playing with his Easter train ("Eater tane")
silly smile
favorite activity: reading (he snatched the journal where I record something he does/says everyday and pretended to read it)
2. We found out on Tuesday that I passed the glucose test for gestational diabetes, but we were surprised to find out I'm anemic. I was so bone-achingly exhausted during Asa's pregnancy but NOT anemic that I figured there was no way I was currently anemic. I mean I'm tired, but it's nothing I don't just push through. With Asa I napped all afternoon every day. Seriously. Looking back some things make sense--I've snacked more with this pregnancy, both to keep nausea at bay and for little boosts of energy (I did not snack in front of my students during Asa's pregnancy). And I'm super winded just going up the stairs or after a quick-paced conversation and I have to sit down during worship--standing + singing makes me very light-headed. The anemia explains those things. So now I'm adding an iron supplement 2x/day to the prenatal vitamins I take. Hopefully it will give me the boost Anna Reaghan and I need!
3. I finished my first dress for Anna Reaghan. I've had the material for a long time--for sure since before we knew Asa was a boy. Maybe even before I was pregnant with him. It was on clearance, adorable, and I just knew it would make a cute dress for SOMEone. I didn't know that someone would be OUR baby girl! I am really happy with how it turned out. :) I'm almost done with a second one (made from a different pattern), and deciding what's next on the crafting docket. :)
4. We are so thankful a family from our Bible study invited us to have Easter lunch with them. They do not have family nearby either, so it's a blessing for all of us to have someone to celebrate with. God has sweetly provided fellowship with Believers each Easter since we've been married--in FL we spent one in Orland with Uncle Randy and Aunt Janie, a couple with the Eubanks family, and Asa & I spent our last Florida Easter with 3 other families at the Frenches' house. Those are sweet memories, and we look forward to making new ones this Sunday.
5. Asa is learning new words ALL.THE.TIME (seriously, on a daily basis). TOO fun. And we've been able to introduce him to special phrases. My current favorite, in light of the season, is "Zanna! (Hosanna) Sus-jee is risen (Jesus is Risen)!" Hallelujah!




No comments:
Post a Comment