We are starting to piece together decisions about Anna Reaghan's room. At this point, I USUALLY change Asa's diaper on the floor. It's easier than hoisting him up onto the changing table, and he's really pretty long for the changing table now that he's 20 months old (eek!). Anna Reaghan, on the other hand, will be much lighter and smaller and fit on the changing table just right. ;) So we decided that our current changing table AND crib will be in Anna Reaghan's room. They are a matching set that was passed down to us from one of my mom's friends, and it's not just that they're the same wood stain or something. They are an antique white with beadboard ends and some stars and moons carved in the end of the crib and drawers of the changing table/dresser.
That meant we needed to decide where Asa would sleep. As I mentioned on Friday, he loves his bed! I have several friends having babies about 2 years apart, and I think the majority of them are moving their firstborn to a bigger bed. I just didn't want to add that transition to Asa's life in addition to moving and adding a baby to the family. And I didn't want to take a crib from him when he's so happy there AND safe--if I am nursing Anna Reaghan in the morning or after a nap when Asa wakes up, I know he'll enjoy playing in his crib with his sound machine and lovies until I can get to him. We decided to get another crib. Then there is NO pressure to get Asa switched and acclimated, no battles about staying in bed when I'm either 1) tired from being pregnant or 2) tired from being up with a newborn. I found several options I thought looked nice and showed them to Matt. This is the crib he liked the best.
It has been ordered, and Asa will go ahead and start sleeping in it when we move into the new house. It's shaped and styled very similarly to Asa's crib, but in a wood finish instead of antique white. I love having solid ends on his current crib and really wanted them again. It makes it easier to sneak it and check on resting little ones without being spotted. ;)
We also decided on bedding for Anna Reaghan's room. Back when we were deciding what to do with Asa's room, we liked working around a theme that included birds whether we had a boy or a girl. We chose woodland forest animals for Asa's room, as you know. :) We are continuing with more birds and trees by using this bedding for Anna Reaghan's room.
I plan/hope to recreate the tree mural I made in Asa's nursery in Florida, but on a piece of cloth this time. We can hang it nicely on the wall or "frame" it with wooden moldings, but that way it can move with us/we don't have to repaint since we don't own the house we're moving to. ;) Anna Reaghan can have some bird houses like Asa did, and I'm sure we'll find some soft, feminine touches to finish off her room as well.
Our glider will start in Asa's room when we move in but slide down the hall to Anna Reaghan's room before she comes. In the meantime, we're looking for a comfy upholstered chair for Asa's room so we'll still have a nice little reading nook--he LOVES to read! We need to find another little side table, touch lamp, and maybe another small bookcase as well, but we might be able to arrange the our other bookshelves such that we can move one we already have to one of the kids' rooms.
There's a snippet for you! I'm excited to see what other decor we come across for Anna Reaghan's room like we did for Asa's. I'm debating making curtains for her room like I did for Asa's. We'll see how the unpacking and settling in goes--i.e. how far along I am when I have time to get to it. :) And it would be fun to find a beanbag animal or something like that for her room like Asa has his raccoon. We'll be sure to post pictures when we really have the room coming together!
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment