Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Rewind

Thanks to Matt's building being without power on Friday and his business travel being canceled, we had another long, 3 day weekend together as a family!  WOO HOOO!!!

Friday:  We spent the morning playing with a very delighted Asa who was oh-so-happy to have Daddy around. :)  Around lunchtime, Matt and his boss took off to make their flight which was back on schedule.  Asa and I accessorized his snowman (post coming this week all about Asa's first snowman)--it was really fun to see his responses!  A little while later Matt called to tell me the flight was still on but his company canceled the trip; other participants were not able to make it due to the weather.  He turned around, grabbed a bite for lunch, and was home just a little while later!  Hooray!  We had a low key evening of hanging out, playing with Asa, and enjoying extra time together.

Saturday:  Asa slept in a smidge, he and I played, and then we woke Matt up after Asa had breakfast.  After Asa's nap and some lunch all around, we went on a few errands.  In particular, we needed an additional gate for the stairs in the basement at the new house.  Then we walked/chased Asa through a furniture store browsing for a comfy upholstered chair for his new room (he'll keep his chair until we find another one/Anna Reaghan arrives and it moves to her room).  He looooooves to run down the long, straight aisles of the furniture showroom. :)  We had another relaxed evening, Asa had a bath--he loooves splashing with his feet, and I fell asleep on the couch--a regular occurrence these days. ;)

Sunday:  I took Asa to church/Sunday school and Matt met a coworker at the new house to use his snowblower on the driveway that was buried under 6-8 inches of snow.  Our Sunday school class spends the 4th Sunday of each month prepping materials for the 2 & 3 year olds' classes, so we cut out a whoooole bunch of "palm branches" from construction paper for Palm Sunday.  The BIG EXCITING event was meeting our landlord in the afternoon to conduct a final walk through of the house and get KEYS!!!  We are officially renting the house!  Asa loooooved running all around and exploring all the nooks and crannies, which was especially easy to do in a completely empty house. :)  I measured a couple areas for furniture placement, sketched the bedrooms so I can figure out where things will go in them, and then we came home for lunch and to put Asa right in bed.  He took only one short nap (for the past several days, actually), and is TIRED!  I'm actually not SURE if we're seeing, "I'm almost 2" or "I'm working on eye teeth" or "I'm playing through my 2nd nap" or "You let me try some food with dairy this weekend"... or some combination of the above.  But he's been a little bit of a bear the past few days.  I'm hoping he'll catch up on sleep and that will help alleviate whatever is the root to at least some degree. :)

That sums up our weekend!  Later this week you'll get a full recap of Asa's first snowman.  You don't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Our Volunteer Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new house. Congrats!

As far as falling asleep on the couch... it must be contagious. That has been happening quite often at our house too!