Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Little Hello

We had two favorite moments yesterday at our doctor appointment. :)

1. First was seeing the baby moving all around.  My first ultrasound with Asa was at 20 weeks.  By that point, I could feel Asa moving regularly and knew there was a live baby kicking and jabbing.  I knew that even if there were an issue with the baby's development, it was alive inside me.  I have to admit, I was jealous of my friends with early ultrasounds.  To have that confirmation so early that the baby was alive and growing, whereas I waited weeks and months longer to feel Asa and know he was inside.  I thought my friends had it made.  I decided this time around, after we knew we were going to have an earlier ultrasound, that it's pretty scary to face an ultrasound when you DON'T know how the baby is!  I had no confirmation that we would see a live and moving baby on the screen.  It made me very anxious.  VERY anxious.  I had to keep reminding myself I could not change anything we would see and Who was ultimately in control.  The relief of seeing Matt's eyes light up (the screen was facing him but not me at first) the second the baby, moving all around, popped up on the screen was incredible.  We are so, very thankful.

2.  Something else happened the minute the baby was visible on the screen.  Asa excitedly said, "HIIIIIIII!!!" the minute he looked up and saw his little brother or sister.  It was absolutely precious and a moment neither Matt nor I will ever forget (and that we'll probably remind our children of later on down the road when they are less-than-fond of each other). :)  We already feel our love multiplying and can't believe Asa will be stepping into big brother shoes in 6 months!  I love my big brothers and I'm thankful to know our littlest one will have such a great big brother in Asa. :)  This is one blessed baby. :)

No comments: