Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend!  The weather was gorgeous and we got to take great advantage of that!

On Friday night we had our usual homemade pizza for dinner.  I tried making a bbq chicken pizza... it wasn't bad but it wasn't our favorite.  Matt topped it off with yummy ice cream from Handel's for dessert after Asa was asleep.  Dark chocolate peanut butter ripple is my current flavor of choice. :)  Matt had deep dish apple pie ice cream.  We relaxed with a few episodes of Dr. Quinn on dvd.  Yes, I do have the best husband in the world for watching that with me. :)

On Saturday we went to a craft show after lunch.  It was organized by the Lion's club and held at the local high school.  The artisans were really friendly and it was fun to see all the crafts.  I do enjoy a good art show, but I realllly like a good craft show.. you know, fun homespun kinds of things as opposed to expensive paintings and photograhpy.  Lots of Christmas decor, several things I sew for myself and gifts, and I always love getting new ideas (and I did walk away with a few).  We had fun and even picked up a couple Christmas presents.  After the craft show we treated ourselves to Taggert's ice cream (I know, 2 days in a row!).  If Mom had come to town, that was my plan for the day and I still wanted to keep the fun (minus Mom... Matt was a good stand-in, I do have to say).  Saturday night Asa and I joined Sammy and Matt for her evening walk.  Asa walked with me instead of riding in his stroller!  We finished up by going out onto the golf course.  We walked until we were a ways from the road and then I let go of Asa's hand and Matt gave Sammy plenty of line on her leash so they could run and play.  It was fun to see Asa walking all over and trying to figure out how to go up and down hills.  He also discovered a sand trap on the course.  You know he loved that. ;)  Lastly, before bed we let Asa try his new Aquadoodle.  He l.o.v.e.d it.  I think his next word will be "dot" because we taught him how to make them and say "dot dot dot" over and over.  He's definitely trying :), and he cried when we had to stop to get ready for bed.

On Sunday we were blessed to worship at the church we've been attending here.  I know I've worked hard to call the house in Florida "the" house in Florida and not "our" house, because it's not ours anymore and it helps me not feel like it is.  But I do have to say, when I think of "our" church the only thing that comes to mind is CCC in Florida.  I don't know when I'll be able to call the church here "our church."  So bear with me while I remains "the church we go to here." ;)  Asa had his usual sobs when I took him to the nursery, but he was playing alongside a buddy happy as a lark when we picked him up (praise the Lord!), and the caregiver seemed rather fond of him when she brought him to me (melt this momma's heart!). :)  After Asa's nap on Sunday we ventured to a new park.  We started on a small, little kid playground and then visited the big one.  Asa definitely went into "this is new, I am taking it all in" with very few smiles mode; my little introvert. :)  But he decided the slide was fun on about the 3rd try, and he loved feeling the different playground textures... mulch, gravel, sand, plants.  He was in explore mode... hunt and gather for new info.  Not only is he my little introvert, he has plenty of his daddy's engineering mind in him as well... always evaluating. :)  I'll post pics and a video from the park later this week, so stay tuned!

I'm so thankful we had such BEAUTIFUL weather to go OUT and play before winter really settles in.  We're told it could snow before the end of this month (!!), so an upswing to 82 degrees with clear skies was a perfect way to make some fall memories. :)

No comments: