Thursday, May 20, 2010

10 on Tuesday: Thursday Edition :)

So I'm a couple days late again. I think if you saw the huge stacks of boxes in my garage, you would understand and forgive my tardiness. :)

What we've been up to:

1. I met with the new Realtor on Monday. I am further convinced after meeting him in person that he is exactly what my brother would be like as a Realtor. He is a rock star. Matt and I are very encouraged. We know God sells the house ultimately, and not the Realtor, but this guy is at the TOP of his game. Big time. We are thankful for him.

2. Not only is he amazing at what he does, his group totally saved the day for me yesterday! I brilliantly gave him my hide-a-key for the lock box and neglected to set out another spare key for myself. You see where this is going; I'm sure you do. I locked myself out of the house. With Asa. At Noon. In the Summer. In Florida. It was toasty. But Craig's wonderful assistant stopped by the house, got the key from our lock box to unlock the door, and we were on our way once again. Praise the Lord for His kindness shown through everyday people!

3. Our Realtor recommended pressure washing our sidewalk to brighten it up. Again, the Lord provides through His people! Someone from church is coming over with a pressure washer AND is going to do the washing for me on Saturday. Thank you, Lord (and thank you, Larry!)!!

4. I dove into the kitchen. It was intimidating, but I started it. There's no stopping me now! Asa and I are officially in the land of "paper or plastic?" That's, paper plate or plastic plate? ;)

5. Asa had a weight check the end of last week that gave us more WONDERFUL news! In the last 6 weeks, he gained another 2 lbs. and 1 oz! He is now 17 lbs. 4 oz. When you consider he was 12 lbs. just earlier this year, his growth is amazing. We are PRAISING GOD for Asa's growth and health. What an incredible turn-around and as the result of such a simple problem. Such mercy.

6. I took Asa to a historic home downtown to meet our photographer for a fake 1 year photo shoot. We signed up for a 1 year plan, and I really wanted that last photo shoot! I wanted his formal portraits for the first year to all have the same style, so I asked Sheli if she'd be willing to meet with us before we move. The grounds were beautiful, and best of all Asa saved some smiles for Sheli. Actually, he saved a LOT of smiles for Sheli! :) Often he's so overwhelmed by being in a new place and around a different person that he goes into "introspective Asa" mode. But we got him grinning and laughing like crazy. I cannot wait to see the proofs!!!

7. Matt sent me flowers. They are actually a dozen "We only have 2 weeks left and you are doing an amazing job taking care of Asa and packing the house alone" roses. :)

8. It is hot here. Matt says I will be in shock when I get to Ohio and step back several months' worth of temperatures. Crazy.

9. Only one more 10 on Tuesday left in Florida! WOW! The next Tuesday after that, I will just barely have been in OH 24 hours!

10. I am almost finished with So Brave, Young, and Handsome by the same author as Peace Like a River (Leif Enger). I am very curious about how it will end. It's been a good read. And when my dad saw the title as I read in the car on the way from TN to FL, he said it was about him. ;) I love my dad!

No comments: