Wednesday, May 12, 2010

10 on Tuesday (a day late)

It has been a whirlwind around here... but to sum things up:

1. Asa and I spent 2 weeks in TN with my parents! We got to be in town for my niece's FIFTH birthday party, 4 days of playing with one of Asa's cousins, seeing some of my friends (Rachel + Caroline, Bekah, people at church) and mom's friends, and a good little space away from the house. The whole selling process was eating at me, Mom came down for a weekend and asked me to think about coming home with her, and it just seemed like a really good idea. :) We even took Sammy with us (thank you, Dr. Vet for the "relaxers" for the car ride!!)! I'm so thankful we had a big chunk of time with them--it is a luxury we don't often get!

2. Matt is all settled in the new house. Maintenance even came this week and addressed the few small issues he had come across and installed the new dishwasher they said was coming. The poor guy only has one plate. :) But now he can wash it, his silverware, cups, and bowls, and tupperware in the dishwasher if he wants to. :)

3. We took our house off the market and will put it back on next week. We ended up realizing the realtor we talked to was not the best fit for us. The new realtor we are talking to reminds me of my brother Matt if he were a realtor. We are praying for a quick sale once we're back on the market (new sign goes in the yard on Monday)! Please pray with us for it to sell quickly. I would be soooo relieved to have an offer before I have to leave. Oh how I would love that. I WILL cry tears of relief when we get an offer we can accept--I can tell you that already.

4. Asa woke up this morning with his first fever. :( The past two days he turned up his nose (and pursed his lips and turned his head) to all table food, including his favorite PEACHES. I was flabbergasted! He nursed great, thankfully, but I couldn't tell what was going on with him. Then last night he woke up 4 times in the first 3 hours after I put him to bed. Something was off. Then I went to bed... and woke with a start at 7:00! I checked my timer and it had been 9.5 hours since the last time he woke up! I immediately went to check on him as he does NOT sleep that long. He woke up when I checked on him and he was burning up. :( I took him temperature and sure enough, he had a fever. He was SO.PITIFUL. Now that he can crawl and cruise, he is never still. But today he just wanted me to hold him while he rested his head on my chest. This morning I had to set him down for a second. He sat for a minute, and then he leaned forward and lay down on the floor looking at me. Oh my goodness. It made my heart so sad to see him feeling so very obviously terrible. He also took 3 naps (instead of 2), and they were 2.5 hours, 1 hour and 45 minutes, and another hour long... he usually naps 1.5 each during 2 naps. Medicine (and a cool bath) helped control the fever and he did not have one when I put him down tonight. I am hoping it stays at bay (especially so we can go to playgroup for the last time on Friday).

5. Tomorrow Asa has his mid-well visit weight check. Even though he was gaining GREAT when were released from weight checks, Asa's doctor and I both felt most comfortable scheduling a weight check for 1/2 way between his 9 month well visit and 1 year check up. Tomorrow's the day! I realllllly think he had a significant growth spurt while we were in TN, so I am very curious about his weight. And if he DOES still have a fever (and even if not), it's perfect timing to make sure everything is on the up and up.

6. Matt found a car! We are praising God for His provision and faithfulness! He is now driving a coppery colored Ford Escape! We are still working on a name. ;)

7. I am just about done packing the master bedroom, guest bedroom, Asa's room, and family room!

8. I had a sweet Mother's Day lunch with dear friends from our community group. Ken & Kathy were so gracious to host Asa and me along with 2 other families. I am so so so thankful for that time together before we leave.

9. Ken came over to deliver some boxes he had that we can use to move. A huge blessing!!

10. Please keep praying with/for us about this move, all the details, transitions, adjustments, and logistics. Whew!

No comments: