Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
Well, maybe or maybe not. :) We don't know if Asa really will make his grand debut tomorrow, but that's his due date. :) We'll just have to wait and see how punctual he decides to be. :) Either way, it's pretty amazing that tomorrow is the day we've been counting down to for 9 months!
We have a countdown on my google homepage that's been counting down to June 10 since we found out we were pregnant (Sept. 30), and actually before that we had a countdown for over a year when we were wanting to try but God was telling us to wait. That countdown started at 408 days, then we had the pregnancy countdown when He so graciously created this little life, that was 280 more days. And now we're down to ONE day!!! Almost two years of praying for and anticipating this one special day (and a lifetime of days to follow). Wow.
I am still feeling amazingly well. I honestly do not feel like I'm "supposed" to have a baby tomorrow! Sure Matt giggles when I (try to) get up off the couch or out of bed :), and yes my back aches a little by the end of the day. But I'm still up and about, running errands, going to church, cooking dinners, going grocery shopping, doing laundry and dishes, vacuuming, etc. Oh yeah, and sleeping..... a lot...... whenever I can! I am still sleeping really well at night, overall. Sometimes I have a night when sleep just doesn't seem to come (like last night), but I am still able to rest all night, just without dozing off too much. And God graciously gives me energy the next day--I even got up and had breakfast with Matt before he left for work this morning. :) I'm sure I'll take an early nap today (or two), but we are both in awe (and OVERFLOWING with thanks) that I am feeling so well! No complaints, here! Really! :)
The bags are packed, cameras are freshly charged, lists of people to call have been prepared, and birth announcement envelopes are addressed and ready to roll when we actually have a birth to announce. :) Our next appointment is this Thursday. They will do a biophysical profile (an ultrasound and they'll use external fetal monitors to measure if I'm having any contractions, how he responds to those (heart rate), track his movements, breathing, muscle tone, and a detailed look at how the placenta is holding up) of Asa to see how he's doing in more detail, then I imagine we'll either be back because he's coming or not until the following Wednesday at 41 weeks. My gut is by the 14th or 15th, but who knows how in tune my "mother's intuition" is at this point. :) We have not had the midwives check for dilation or effacement. We know you can walk around dilated for days or weeks without going into labor or even any change. Or you can show no signs and go into labor the very next day. For our sanity at this point, we have chosen not to be checked. If we get to 41 weeks, then we'll see if there's ANY sign he's budging :), but for now we're content to wait a little longer.
I made a shutterfly photo page for all things Asa. I know not everyone is on facebook or cares to be, so I thought it would be an easy way for you to access pics of our little guy whenever you want. So for instance, you'll see plenty of pictures of Asa's first day here on the blog (once we're settled) , but if you want to see the full paparazzi haul of pictures from Asa's first days, you could go to the shutterfly site. :) The address is http://babykubo.shutterfly.com/ and I'll add it as a link on the sidebar here on the blog as well so you can find it easily. :) Right now it has albums with pictures from a school baby shower thrown by my coworkers, things my students made for/gave Asa, and pictures of the nursery.
That is about it for now. We'll keep you posted of course. If you *are* on facebook, Matt can update it from his cell phone to let you know how things are progressing. Check our status updates on facebook. :) If you are not, we are trying to set up mobile updating of the blog, too, so he can text short updates to the blog and let you know what's going on. I considered doing Twitter just for labor updates, but I think we can keep most everyone up-to-date through facebook, the blog, and phone calls. Amazing how technology has changed such things, huh? :)
We hope you are well and can't wait to introduce you to Asa... whenever he arrives!! :) Thank you for all your prayers--we REALLY appreciate them!
Love,
Becca
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks for loving those of us who go against the flow and don't have a Facebook page. ;) Exciting that we will get to meet this little one so soon! I am definitely still pulling for the 18th!!! ;) I still think that the middle of the night would be fun as well. I know I know...I have never done it in the middle of the night but I promise that I would sit up and pray for you and wait for words just like I would in the middle of the day! ;) Thankful all is going well and looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes and any news that may come! Woo hoo for a new little cuzzie! We love cuzzies!
Post a Comment