Sunday, June 14, 2009

Twiddling Our Thumbs

Asa is still not budging. :) I know 4 days overdue is not a big deal, but it does kind of make you think about things differently. I was all psyched up for labor before his due date, and now even though I know in my head he WILL eventually come, it's just kinda weird to process it. Really? What will it be like? How strange. It will just happen? If you say so...

It has been GREAT to have Mom here to help us pass the time. We have decided the only down side to having everything for Asa ready weeks before his arrival is that now we have to make up/think up things to do to pass the time. :) That has included errands, every last piece of laundry in the house, mowing the yard (Matt, not me), watching movies with our free trial of Netflix (does anyone have issues with it decreasing the quality of the streaming video as you watch if you do the instant movies over the tv??), and today we went and saw UP! in 3D at the theater.

Today 2 people asked the question I've been hoping (humorously) that someone would ask, "When are you due?/How much longer til the big day?" I get to smile, laugh, and say, "It was supposed to be Wednesday." It's fun to see people's reactions to that news. :)

Brad voted for tomorrow, and we would be THRILLED for him to be right! We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Ha--like we have a choice. But as Rob (our pastor) underscored in his sermon today, God's timing is mysterious but/AND perfect. Thankfully, it--and we--are not a mystery to Him. :)

We'll continue to keep you posted!

No comments: