...June 22 (probably). :)
We did indeed keep our 41 weeks appointment! I was realllllly hoping we wouldn't need it or we could tell them I was in labor and they could just check how far along. But, GOD is in control! And He saw fit for there to still be no progress.
Asa looked great on the ultrasound. Since my mom is in town, she got to come in and see him for that appointment, too! We saw his sweet, filled out cheeks, his hand resting under his chin, his chest rising and falling, his heart beating away, and his lips as he pursed and unpursed them. :) He got 8/8 on the biophysical profile again (my fluid was down 1 cm from last week, but that's still higher than it initially was 2 weeks ago). So, they are saying he is set and doing great. They also said he has LOOOONG legs that he has stretched way out and they're still guessing at least 8-8.8 for his weight.
As for me, I am a grand total of......... 1 cm dilated! HA! She said she could maybe count it as 1.5 cm with stretching. I am basically NOT effaced, though the cervix is medium in softness (at least it's not really firm). It's midline, so starting to become anterior, and Asa is around -2 station, so at least not alllll the way up at -4 or above. :) In my favorite birth book, The Birth Partner, it said -2 or -1 station is average and normal for a first baby before labor begins. At least something about his current status is as hoped/expected. :) We got "4 points" for cervical readiness, and they would like to see 7 points if we were miserable and wanting to induce by the end of the week. Though Matt is going crazy and I am finally feeling more and more pregnant, we are by no means miserable and we reallllllly want him to come on his own. So, he gets over the weekend for things to get started. If he's not here by Sunday night, we are scheduled to go in at midnight for an induction. We'll actually call at 10:30 PM to see if they have enough anticipated beds for us to come. They could push it to later in the morning or the next day. Basically the latest we could get pushed back is Tuesday night at midnight. We'd be top priority then because I'd be 42 weeks. Monday and Tuesday, our 2 favorite midwives are on call, so I am really thankful for that. Wednesday my least favorite is on call, so I really hope it doesn't come to THAT.
Matt was really disappointed in trying to figure out how to process where we are. I thought he'd be so glad to know an "end," but I think as much as I told him the dilation/effacement numbers can change (go from low to high) or stay steady (at a high number) and therefore don't have to mean tooooo much, he really was hoping for "bigger" news. I know he could still come on his own, and I will be praying that God would allow that. Thursday is Joy's guess for his arrival and Matt's dad's birthday--how fun would that be? And then I guessed the 20th, which would be Saturday. God can still make it happen. :) I am not at all excited about an induction, BUT I know that if that's what it comes to, God has always known that's what it would come to. It's not a surprise to Him, and He has no plan B, only plan A. I can trust that. I admit I was awake most of the night last night wondering and worrying about an induction. But this morning, through some tears and talking to Matt, Mom, and Dad, I am doing better. :)
So that's us for now. PRAY PRAY PRAY he comes on his own!!! :) Mom and I are taking Kim J's advice, and she is helping me get started on the muslin "practice" baptismal gown for Asa that I want to sew. You know the whole "right when you start a project, it will get interrupted" idea. So far, he doesn't seem interested in interrupting our industriousness. :) But we are having fun, and I am excited to know I can do this when I buy the real fabric. :)
Praises: Asa is doing GREAT and showing every sign he is ready to thrive outside the womb.
Prayer Request: for peace no matter when/how he is delivered, for a safe and smooth delivery, and if we had our choices, for it to be either be spontaneous before the induction or at least with one of our preferred midwives if induced
Love,
Becca
We did indeed keep our 41 weeks appointment! I was realllllly hoping we wouldn't need it or we could tell them I was in labor and they could just check how far along. But, GOD is in control! And He saw fit for there to still be no progress.
Asa looked great on the ultrasound. Since my mom is in town, she got to come in and see him for that appointment, too! We saw his sweet, filled out cheeks, his hand resting under his chin, his chest rising and falling, his heart beating away, and his lips as he pursed and unpursed them. :) He got 8/8 on the biophysical profile again (my fluid was down 1 cm from last week, but that's still higher than it initially was 2 weeks ago). So, they are saying he is set and doing great. They also said he has LOOOONG legs that he has stretched way out and they're still guessing at least 8-8.8 for his weight.
As for me, I am a grand total of......... 1 cm dilated! HA! She said she could maybe count it as 1.5 cm with stretching. I am basically NOT effaced, though the cervix is medium in softness (at least it's not really firm). It's midline, so starting to become anterior, and Asa is around -2 station, so at least not alllll the way up at -4 or above. :) In my favorite birth book, The Birth Partner, it said -2 or -1 station is average and normal for a first baby before labor begins. At least something about his current status is as hoped/expected. :) We got "4 points" for cervical readiness, and they would like to see 7 points if we were miserable and wanting to induce by the end of the week. Though Matt is going crazy and I am finally feeling more and more pregnant, we are by no means miserable and we reallllllly want him to come on his own. So, he gets over the weekend for things to get started. If he's not here by Sunday night, we are scheduled to go in at midnight for an induction. We'll actually call at 10:30 PM to see if they have enough anticipated beds for us to come. They could push it to later in the morning or the next day. Basically the latest we could get pushed back is Tuesday night at midnight. We'd be top priority then because I'd be 42 weeks. Monday and Tuesday, our 2 favorite midwives are on call, so I am really thankful for that. Wednesday my least favorite is on call, so I really hope it doesn't come to THAT.
Matt was really disappointed in trying to figure out how to process where we are. I thought he'd be so glad to know an "end," but I think as much as I told him the dilation/effacement numbers can change (go from low to high) or stay steady (at a high number) and therefore don't have to mean tooooo much, he really was hoping for "bigger" news. I know he could still come on his own, and I will be praying that God would allow that. Thursday is Joy's guess for his arrival and Matt's dad's birthday--how fun would that be? And then I guessed the 20th, which would be Saturday. God can still make it happen. :) I am not at all excited about an induction, BUT I know that if that's what it comes to, God has always known that's what it would come to. It's not a surprise to Him, and He has no plan B, only plan A. I can trust that. I admit I was awake most of the night last night wondering and worrying about an induction. But this morning, through some tears and talking to Matt, Mom, and Dad, I am doing better. :)
So that's us for now. PRAY PRAY PRAY he comes on his own!!! :) Mom and I are taking Kim J's advice, and she is helping me get started on the muslin "practice" baptismal gown for Asa that I want to sew. You know the whole "right when you start a project, it will get interrupted" idea. So far, he doesn't seem interested in interrupting our industriousness. :) But we are having fun, and I am excited to know I can do this when I buy the real fabric. :)
Praises: Asa is doing GREAT and showing every sign he is ready to thrive outside the womb.
Prayer Request: for peace no matter when/how he is delivered, for a safe and smooth delivery, and if we had our choices, for it to be either be spontaneous before the induction or at least with one of our preferred midwives if induced
Love,
Becca




No comments:
Post a Comment