Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Seeing is Believing

So, I really thought I could tell Asa was growing by leaps and bounds lately, but seeing how much BIGGER he was on the computer screen during the ultrasound solidified that assumption. :)

He is estimated at 6 lbs. 3 oz. right now, which the tech is great (and, ahem, he's supposed to gain about an ounce/day or 1/2 lb./week right now, which would put him right at 8 lbs. 3 oz. on our due date... just as I guessed, only I guessed he'll be late, but anyway, something I guessed sounds at least kind of right!). The midwife said his head, abdomen, and femur average out to the 50th percentile! The tech even asked, "Why did they send you for a growth scan?" Since everything is SO normal, they'll do one again at 39 weeks instead of 38. No cause for concern about his size right now. :)





Everyone says he clearly has my nose now, and his lips look SO full! I know you're mostly seeing bone structure, but his jawline almost makes him look like he has clown lips (don't tell Asa I said that). :)

His heart rate was in the 150s and strong, and I just might have been right about my fundal height seeming the same as 2 weeks ago because it turns out I LOST 5 pounds the last 2 weeks! I just can't keep up with this little guy (and Matt says I've been overdoing it, to boot). We had take out almost every night my last week of working because I was getting home so late and exhausted. I thought for SURE I would have gained at LEAST the "normal" 1 lb./week at this point if not more due to all that non-home-cooked food. Crazy.

My blood pressure was 110/62, I have had NO swelling since I stopped working, and they said everything is "perfect" still. I also found out that if everything is going fine, they'll let us go over til about 41 weeks 5 days (if anyone needs that info to make a fully-informed guess--SEE THE LAST POST!). If I get to 41 weeks, they'll do one more ultrasound to check the placenta, and if everything is fine (it's not deteriorating), they'll let me go a few more days.

He is head down and facing the back/side, so he's in perfect position. Actually, he had one hand up by his face and his other hand back along his side (they described it as a superman pose). :) But he's all set in the right position.

We have a consultation with our first-choice pediatrician on Tuesday, and then we go back next Wednesday for our 37 week appointment. This time next week, we'll officially be full-term!

Also, my mom is driving down RIGHT NOW to visit and we have our church baby shower on Saturday. :) We are looking forward to a fun weekend! I'm hoping to sew the curtains for Asa's room while Mom is here (or at least get the fabric cut), so stay tuned for FINAL pictures of Asa's nursery (until we add the little guy himself). :)

No comments: