Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Projects

Now that I am home, I am beginning to work on our final projects for Asa's room. The two main ones are the tree mural and curtains. I began the tree mural this week. So far, we just have a tree trunk, but leaves should be on the wall by the end of the week. Then I will turn to the curtains. We're almost there!


This is the tree mural we are roughly basing ours on.




Here's what our trunk looks like (except I went back and smoothed out the edges of the trunk some, so they weren't so bumpy. And we tried lightly adding a darker brown on top of this coat trying to give it some dimension. The verdict is still out on whether we'll keep our 2-tone trunk OR just paint it all the darker brown--it's just a shade or 2 darker). Matt says it looks kind of like sea coral right now :), but hopefully the leaves will fix that!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT, Becca! I can't wait to see the finished project!
I bet you'll have to keep Asa from trying to climb it! :) :)

Love, Mom

Joy said...

Lookin' good!