Just an update to let you know our 34 week appointment was GREAT! My blood pressure is still low (110 over 60-something), I'm just now officially back to pre-pregnancy weight (I never realized you could leave the hospital with your baby and weighing less than before you got pregnant, but that's the most likely scenario at this point!). We are SO thankful to God that this has been such a smooth and "easy" pregnancy. I'm starting to feel like my stomach is awfully cramped quarters for our little guy, and I've noticed I'm really slowing down physically. But my goodness, I can't imagine it being much less eventful than it has been. I measure exactly 34 weeks on the dot (they measure the "fundal height" of the uterus, and it was 34 cm on the dot--it's been ON THE NOSE or a fraction under at every appointment since they started measuring it). I honestly don't feel like I stick out in front as much as other women this far along (though I do realize I'm sticking out more than I did), so it always surprises me that I measure right on. Today the midwife said it's because of my height---it's all just stretched out more vertically. The centimeters are there, but they are not as prominent. Because my weight gain has been, well, not really existant, they are estimating he will be long (I wonder where they got that impression??) and about the size I was when I was born (8 lbs. 8 oz.). The midwife tried to size him up through my stomach today and said, "Yup, I think he'll be right around 8." She said it'll be a long 8, not a big 8. :) hehe That's all great news, and so is that we will SEE him again on May 13! That is our next appointment (36 weeks) and we'll have an ultrasound that day to estimate just how big he is. That's also our last "2 week" appointment. From that point on, it's every week! How did we get to this point already??
Lastly, we checked with our first choice pediatrician, and she IS accepting new patients (praise the Lord!). We will meet with her in May also for a consultation just to make sure we feel comfortable with her and talk over a few things (like vaccine schedules--which we know from other patients she is amenable to stretching out). Now we just need to install the car seat (not quite yet though), and we'll have all the bases covered.
Alright, I need to go put more grades in the computer. Three days left..... (please pray for us and for my class!). :)
Love,
Becca
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Woo hoo for a growing Asa!!! We cannot wait to meet him! I am glad that your appointment went well and that you get to meet the pediatrician soon. Yipppeeee! When we left the hospital with Charis I was smaller than when I got pregnant. It is super weird how all that stuff works. I was bigger though with swelling and all the weight was in a different place but it is just weird! ;)Excited for you!!!
YEA for a great appointment!!
I am praying for you as you finish out this week! YOU CAN DO IT!
I love you! Mom
I didn't realize you had the same crazy weigh less situation too, Joy. It's just so funny when all you hear is about gaining while pregnant. I do realize I could swell up and retain fluids and such before/after delivery and that everything shifts around to new places. :) It's just wild! Still wearing pre-pregnancy jeans (though with the rubber band trick)--which is actually a huge blessing b/c I never found maternity jeans long enough! :)
We love you guys and cannot WAIT to have "real" pictures of Asa to share....ahhhhh!!!! :) :) :) :)
Post a Comment