I had two firsts today.
#1 was that it's cold and I've been feeling totally wiped out again this week and kind of more nauseous than I had previously. So, I decided to ditch my "old" black pants for church today and wear a pair of still-slightly-too-big maternity pants. They do not have a full panel in the stomach or anything, so they worked. But I admit it was odd! Matt saw the tag I had cut off on my dresser and said, "Wow, maternity clothes." I really am not showing (I'll post a pic when I am), so I can't say it was necessary. But we do a lot of bending and such when ushering (picking up things people dropped, getting supplies from the closet), and I wanted to be comfy. :) It was new and different for sure. My favorite part of the pants is that they are LONG enough for tall me! :)
#2 was that I woke up this morning with just this feeling about whether our little one is a boy or a girl. I hadn't really had a gut feeling until now. And I've had one dream about a girl and one dream about a boy (my students told me to come home this weekend and have a third dream to break the tie). ;) I don't know why I have a feeling, and my feeling makes SOMEONE wrong--we just don't know who yet. :) I say that because.... well, first I need to preface this by saying neither Matt nor I have ANY preference whatsoever. Honestly. I know some people don't believe it when parents say that, but it's true. We REALLY don't have a preference. Eventually, we'd love to to have at least one of each, but God is just as in control of that as He is over this little one. I mean, I love little girl clothes and I love the bedding we have picked out for a girl, and I've always hoped for a daughter at some point. And I love my nieces. But I love my nephews so much too--and they have awfully cute clothes--boys are not totally exempt from the cute clothes department. I love how they can be a mini-me of their daddies. I love Matt so much, who wouldn't want a little mini-Matt running around? And as much as I'd love to have a girl some day, the boy name we have picked out sits very deeply with me. It means a LOT to me, and I hope it will mean a lot to some others, too. I'll be FINE if we don't end up using it this time, but I hope we get to at some point.
Alright, now with that cleared out of the way, Matt is convinced the baby is a boy. The rest of my family thinks it's a girl (we haven't seen Matt's family in person since we found out, so we'll wait and hear their thoughts after Christmas). So, obviously, someone is wrong. :) On one hand, my sil thinks it's a girl, but she was wrong about both of her kids. :) Also, my niece's first comment when she heard we are expecting was, "What is HER name?" (in reference to the baby). Then again, my mom has been right about all of her grandchildren so far and said she thought it was a girl!! But I have to admit........ I think I'm with my husband on this one for now. I think I'm on team blue. I do however reserve the right to change the inclination at any point in time. This inkling isn't even 24 hours old yet. :)
**UPDATE: My mom--the one who's been right about all of her grandchildren so far--told me today that lately she's actually been thinking boy also. Hmmmm..... January ought to be very interesting. My only "hesitation" with a boy is that everyone seems to act like you should want it to be a girl. When people find out they're having a girl, everyone says, "Oh good. Girls are so much more fun to shop for." People don't get as excited about baby boys, and I just do not understand why. So, we'll be delightedly surprised if it's a girl, but I'm really feeling and rooting for a boy based on my gut feeling--and my husband would LOOOOOVE to be right. ;)**
Lastly, I had the worst migraine today I've had in a long time. I am SO thankful a Tylenol stopped the pain, since I don't know what else I can take, but it was the most painful I've had in awhile. I've thought through what I could have eaten to cause it, but I was actually fighting it on and off since Friday. On Saturday, I thought maybe it was something in a salad we ate Friday night. But then it went away, came back, kept me from falling asleep last night, woke me up in the middle of the night, when away for awhile at church, and then was awful when we were leaving. I wondered if maybe it was a tension headache, but I had blurry vision after the pain stopped, so I know it was one of the migraines like I experienced in grad school. So if you think of it, please pray they will stop! And that if it is an environmental trigger, we can figure out what it is an avoid it. Again, I'm thankful the medicine I know I can take helped and for a supportive and sweet husband who VERY quietly made his lunch while I huddled in the dark on the couch. :) He's the best!
We hope you have a great week. We bought our Christmas tree (another adventure) on Saturday and can't wait to post pictures after we decorate it tomorrow night!!! Its name is Spike this year, by the way. :) And our next appointment is two weeks from Monday.
Love,
Becca
p.s. As noted by the "ticker" to the side, all the baby's baby teeth are formed!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
so excited for you! oh and i think it's a boy, too!! i wanted to tell you i had a few really bad headaches my second trimester- some of the worst i have ever had. i think, at least for me, it was at least partly hormonal. i love keeping up on your new blog!!
by the way that last comment was from me (nancy).
Post a Comment