Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Start Spreading the News....

Yesterday I worked up the nerve to tell my principal we are expecting. She was very supportive and excited for us. smile.gif I'm SO glad that's over with. I was verrrrry nervous.

Then today I told my class. smile.gif We usually have a "mystery reader" (parent or grandparent) secretly come on Wednesdays to read to the class during "lunch bunch" in the classroom. Today I was the mystery reader, and I told them I had a surprise from them before I read to them. I put a hangman slide I made up on the SmartBoard that had blanks for "Mrs. Kubo is having a baby!" They guessed several letters like K, I, A, U (plus a couple wrong letters) and figured out one part was my name. So next, someone guessed B . When they got the B, they figured out the last word was baby. The next moment, one student called out, "Mrs. Kubo is having a baby," but you could tell he just guessed the phrase and didn't think about what he'd said. They all just LOOKED at me. I smiled and asked, "What do you think?!" They asked me, "Are you???" When I nodded yes, they starting squealing, running up to hug me, and jumping up and down. It was sooooo sweet! Their biggest concerns are what we will name the baby (they all want us to use their name, of course), when I will look pregnant, and how I could keep it a secret from them for 3 months. smile.gif Now that my class, the principals, and facebook know (I'm linked to a couple coworkers on there, and I finally "unblocked" them from seeing my status after I spoke with the principal yesterday), it's spreading like wildfire! smile.gif It was a very fun day. smile.gif

p.s. We're officially 13 weeks today!

1 comment:

Joy said...

How FUN!!! I love that the kids are SO excited for you. Wish that I could of been a fly on the wall!!! ;)