Friday, June 27, 2014

Five on Friday

1.  Monday was Asa's 5th birthday!!!  We had a party over the weekend (separate post to come), but I still wanted the actual day to be special. :). We spent the morning playing with his birthday gifts.  Later we went to TCBY and both big kids picked a flavor of ice cream--and Asa wanted it in a cone (I think that was a first for him).  He picked cotton candy flavored ice cream and AR picked chocolate chip cookie dough.  Then I needed to run by Target so we topped off the ice cream with their favorite Target popcorn. :). I think he felt celebrated & loved which was my intention.  He also told me his voice sounds older now that he is 5. ;)

birthday boy with birthday ice cream 

doing a birthday dance (can't you tell by the blur? ;))

Enjoying his ice cream

a little video of the birthday dance.  I asked him to show me a birthday smile, and he replied, "No, I just want to do a little birthday dance."  And here you have it. :)

2.  On Tuesday we had G-Ma day. That was a huge blessing to me because Asa was getting a cold and a bit grumpy to go with that. ;). Lila had a rough night (she woke up right after I pumped--how did she know??? So she was up a lot in the night hungry & gassy), so I got to rest with her while the big kids played at my parents' house.  And Mom delivered groceries to me that afternoon since she was already going herself!  Woo hoo!!

3.  On Wednesdsy we just stayed home. We played more with birthday presents, had a picnic lunch in the living room, and just enjoyed not *having* to do anything.  I didn't pump (hopefully we gave caught up from the big dip I had thanks to mastitis :/), and Lila slept muuuuch better and had a fullllll tummy when I fed her around our bedtime.  Yea!!!

4.  Yesterday we had another busy day.  We went to "art camp" at a friend's house.  Two of their girls are Asa & AR's ages, and their big sister had an idea to plan and host a preschooler art camp.  She is 8 and planned all the activities and made time slots, including breaks for playing outside and a snack.  Another mom was there with kids the same age too!  The kids decorated posters with their names on them, got a blanket for their favorite stuffed animal, painted aceramic  figurine (Asa a cheetah & AR a butterfly), and made a paper bag puppet (Asa a frog & AR a lion).  Julie is such a great, laid back mom. It was nice to go knowing that if either of my kids had a melt down at some point, it would be no big deal.  I hope I can be like that and that my friends feel that freedom from expectations around me!  

After art camp we came home to grab a bite, feed Lila, and then ran out to get some supplies for Matt and AR's birthdays.  Home again to eat lunch, and then we went outside to play with water squirters/in the pool.  I have a funny video of that to upload. :)

A friend titled this video "Anna Reaghan Goes Rogue"  L-O-L :)

5.  Today is Friday!!  We made it!  No big plans today other than a stop at the doctor's office for a shot for Lila.  I decided not to get it last week, because she is often feverish and fussy after a shot and I had Asa's party the next day! I didn't want her feeling poorly during the party and especially not while I was getting everything ready. ;). So today it is, as the next two weeks have lots more fun packed into them!!  

Coming soon--my best friend from childhood/maid of honor is coming to visit for a few days over July 4th (!!!), Matt's birthday, hopefully a play date it two that are in the works, AR's birthday, and a home improvement project we are all realllllllllllly excited about!! :)


No comments: