Friday, November 8, 2013

Five on Friday

1. This week was my BIRTHDAY week, so we wrapped up the weekend/kicked off the week with a birthday party Sunday night at my parents' house.  I still can't believe we actually LIVE here when celebrations roll around we have missed so many years in the past. :)  The kids had a BLAST running around the front yard in the dark (cake + ice cream + time change = NUTS) with "finger flashlights" chasing each other and all their TN cousins... plus G-Pa and some of the dads/uncles. :)

2.  One afternoon the kids and I made a leaf pile and a leaf maze.  Asa calls the maze the "meadow," and they spent quite awhile running back and forth between the two, pausing occasionally to collect berries from bushes in the front yard. :)

jumping into the leaf pile

reclining in the leaf pile :)

running through the leaf maze

3.  Anna Reaghan had a silly moment on the way to pick up Asa from school.  Out of the blue, I heard a nasally voice talking to me from the back.  When I glanced at her, she was pinching her nose shut to make her words sound funny--and getting a KICK out of it.  Here's a little clip. :) (I was stopped at a red light--no worries)


4.  Wednesday was my actual birthday, and Matt brought home a delicious dinner and cake (the kids are LOVING the TINY slivers of cake they're having ;)) AND THIS!!

the new china cabinet!

This china cabinet was posted on a local "buy/sell" Facebook group for $150!  Matt and my dad tried to pick it up on Tuesday, but only the base cabinet would fit in our van--the hutch was too tall even on its own.  They went back on Wednesday in a van borrowed from Matt's work to deliver the hutch.  I love it--and what a steal of a deal!  Asa loved "holding the doors" open for me as I moved our china and crystal from the particle board armoire we've been using to the new china cabinet.  And he has given a tour of the china cabinet's contents to everyone who has come over since then. :)

5.  This weekend Matt is helping a friend move--they're actually moving into our neighborhood!  I plan to make a few pies.  And we have "house" to dos of course--I finished repacking the attic boxes that were too big, so we hope to get those up and and out of the way this weekend.  Matt installed a ceiling fan in our bedroom last weekend (the chain kept breaking even after replacing the internal fan switch--we were stuck with the fan on all the time) and has one more to put in the bonus room this weekend.  Eventually we'll put one in Lila's room, but she shouldn't need it right away since she'll be a winter baby. :)  I am THIIIIIIS close to finishing unpacking the odds and ends in our bedroom, and then all that's left is Operation Lila's Room (and Lila's bedding)!!  We're SOOO close!

No comments: