Sunday, September 29, 2013

That's a New One

Who knew you could be in your third pregnancy and have brand new experiences? That's not really that shocking to think about. BUT I definitely could have done without experiencing a stomach flu while expecting. Ugh.

Asa got sick on Thursday. And I have to say, he was amazingly chipper in between episodes of upset stomach. He was actually only sick twice.

I figured he likely picked up the bug at school Tuesday, so given a 2 day incubation I had the rest of us on the clock thinking we'd be in the clear if we made it through Saturday.

Technically we made it through Saturday, but I succumbed just after midnight. Let's just say, I have not squeaked by getting sick only twice. Whew! It's been a doozy.  When I was going on 12 hours if not keeping anything down, we consulted my midwives. We are trying a dose of zofran. Then after it's had a fair chance to stay down, I'll be sipping Gatorade to try to get hydrated.  I am thankful Lila has been kicking and jabbing away this whole time--although I do think her message is one of, "Hey, what's the big idea?? It's usually so calm in here!"  I've felt her move more than before and more strongly than before... but part of that might be that I'm not usually awake all night long (praise The Lord it's not the norm!) and there's not much else to pay attention to when you crawl into bed feeling miserable and wondering how long you have until the next go 'round. ;)

Matt has been amazing. He got Asa up this morning and they got sippable drinks for me at the store. Then he got AR up and fed them both breakfast. I'm sorry he's spending his weekend tending to us single-handedly, but I am sooooo thankful it's the weekend so I have his help!!!

1 comment:

Our Volunteer Family said...

I'm so sorry that you are sick now. I had it with Julianne and it was bad. I ended up having to go to the hospital to get fluids because I got dehydrated. Praying that the zofran will help and that you will get over this bug soon!