Saturday, March 2, 2013

Six on Saturday

1.  I've missed a couple weeks of posting.  Last weekend we were all laying low with a stomach bug. :(  Asa got it first and pretty violently.  I finally called the pediatrician's office after he threw up for 8 hours, and they called in a zofran prescription for him.  It worked!!  Praise the Lord!  He went almost 24 hours without even keeping clear liquids down, so it was a HUGE relief to see him get rehydrated and know we were out of the woods with dehydration concerns.  A few days later, the bug reared its head again with Asa as I'd heard it was prone to do.  Anna Reaghan and I also started feeling kind of lousy but thankfully were not sick to our stomachs.  Matt was the last to succumb on Sunday night.  He stayed home Monday to recover and had improved tremendously by Tuesday.  We had a nice, long illness-free stretch going after Christmas and we are hoping to get back to that trend now. ;)

2.  I cannot believe it's March already!  We have lived in Tennessee for four months!  That's almost six! (ha!)  It's a funny mix of "seems a lot longer" since this is "home" for us and "seems a lot shorter" as we're getting reacquainted and setting new routines, etc.

3.  I am thankful we HAVE mostly developed a new little routine.  On Mondays I take the kids grocery shopping.  On Tuesdays we stop at Trader Joe's for the items we purchase there (most importantly, they can't be beat for Anna Reaghan's rice milk). Wednesday can be a stay-at-home day or an errand day.  We spend Thursdays with G-Ma, and Fridays are "stay home or go out" days, depending on the weather, what we need to do around the house, and what the kids are up for.  About once/month we meet Matt for lunch which is very fun!  When he worked almost an hour away in Ohio, we definitely did NOT drive up to meet him for lunch.  The kids LOVE seeing him in the middle of the day, and we often schedule it for a Wednesday to break up the week until we have our weekend "Daddy days" as Asa calls them. :)

4.  This past Wednesday evening while I was at Bible study, Matt had the idea to make a fort in the play room with the kids.  He's such a fun dad! :)  Asa loved it and told me all about it when I tucked him in after Bible study (Matt gets him in bed but I finish tucking him in when I get home).  He could not wait to show me and G-Ma the fort the next morning. :)

5.  I am about to embark on some sewing projects.  I have a pair of pants cut out for Anna Reaghan, and then I'll be moving on to her Easter dress.  Yes, I decided to try making her dress myself this year.  I just got the fabric today and hope it turns out the way I picture it in my head!!

6.  Anna Reaghan had a belated 18 months check up (1 month late).  I cannot believe we get to take her to the office where my dear friend is a nurse practitioner.  I LOVED our pediatrician in Florida, and I really, really liked our pediatrician in Ohio.  But it just adds a whole other kind of amazing to know your child is being cared for by someone you KNOW, respect, trust, and enjoy being with on a professional AND personal level.  Anna Reaghan is one healthy little girl and "passed" her check up with flying colors.  She has also definitely caught up from her growth struggles that caused her growth curve to tumble around 6 months. I believe she got down to around the 5th (maybe 10th?) percentile after starting out around 50th.  She is now in the 95th percentile!  It makes me smile a smile deep down to my heart to see both our children are indeed growing just.fine now.  Everything I'd read said that by around 2 years old, a child's growth should have resumed whatever curve it would have been on in the absence of tongue tie.  Both of them have rebounded so beautifully.  What mercy and balm to this mom's heart!  She is observant and funny and smart and just delightful.  Her vocabulary is over 40 words now, and it always makes me smile to hear what the newest addition is.  Right now it's "baaaaa" for a sheep.  She is so proud of herself for knowing that. :)  She knows where her eyes, nose, mouth, hair, tummy, and toes are.  We are working on hands and ears now. :)  It's just so fun to watch her learn and grow!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

4 months? Gosh, it seems longer - I guess because we have enjoyed every minute!!! So thankful you all are well again. Sheesh. YEA for forts and great check-ups!!! :)
Can't begin to express how thankful we are that you are HERE!!!