We have a had a pretty social week (for us, at least :)), but NO pictures to show for it! Booo!!
1. On Monday I got a text from my sweet friend Jessica as she was on her way through town. She invited us to meet her at a little tea room for lunch before she headed out. I had not yet met her youngest (and still haven't met her oldest!! Maybe next time!), and I hadn't seen her since last Christmas (2011), so I said YES even though I had my reservations about the-day-after-daylight-savings behavior that had the potential to be exhibited by a certain 3-year-old. ;) The kids did GREAT, I thought! I mean, that particular 3 year old will chatter to anything that will hold still long enough for him to talk to it ;), and a little 1.5 year-old with curly hair who looks like her mommy quite loudly announced when she was all done, and the tiny baby in my friend's arms alerted everyone to her needs for a clean diaper and some milk, but seriously the kids were great. :) I'm so glad we met with Jessica, her mom, and her two sweet girls. :) Asa was still talking about it days later. :)
2. On Monday night we also met with a potential Realtor. We were excited to find out we are on the right track thinking we'll start house hunting in April (eeek!! TWO WEEKS!!!). The Realtor was wonderful, and I have no idea how we'll choose whom to work with. We meet with another Realtor this weekend and then will make our decision. I do have a particular property I'm keeping my eye on. I am hopeful we'll love the house because it has the yard of my kids' dreams. :) We are excited to see where God places us and to make a HOME there--OUR home--once again.
3. Tonight Matt and I are meeting friends for dinner downtown. I am SO thankful for our Sunday school class and the friends we are making there. It has been such a blessing!
4. Tomorrow we are celebrating our niece's first birthday! Later in the day we are meeting with our other Realtor candidate. We are looking forward to partying with Luci!
5. On Wednesday we played with more friends when Sarah (and Claire), Amy, and Kerry (and Nelly) came over to play! Asa was enamored with Claire (5.5 months old) of course--he loooooooves babies. And it was sweet to see Anna Reaghan with another toddler (Nelly). I'm glad they could come over and we could re-connect. I have known the girls since high school, and Sarah lives in town while Kerry just moved back like we did. Amy was visiting on a stop during lots of travel after returning from a time in Africa. It's fun to catch up with old friends. :)
Friday, March 15, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am REJOICING that God is getting your family connected here in Knoxville. Everyone who knows you is going to be BLESSED!!!! :)
Post a Comment