1. Sweet Asa had a stomach bug yesterday. :( It was the most he's been sick and in the quickest succession. Sometimes he only had 20 minutes before he was sick again. :( He was paler than pale and just pitiful. He fell asleep in my lap once for maybe 30-60 minutes. But that wasn't enough to calm things down. He started to fall asleep in my lap again, and I was able to put him in his bed where he could be more relaxed (and I could eat lunch!). He napped about an hour again, but he was still sick more after that! It started at 8:30 and lasted til 3:30. After that, I tried a friend's suggestion she received through the Peds After Hours clinic where we lived in Florida. They suggested 1 tsp of syrup from canned peaches. I gave that to him, and he wasn't sick again! Maybe it was coincidence, but I'm definitely trying it again next time we have such a need! I've since read that the super sugar-y peach syrup changes the pH in the stomach and helps switch things up so they can calm down. WOO HOO!! By dinner time, Asa was ramping up to his usual talking NONSTOP (and I do mean NONSTOP) and ate (spaced out to make sure his stomach was "safe") almost 6 pancakes!! This morning he woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. And if it's possible, he's talking even MORE nonstop than usual. Ha! SOOO thankful he's himself again. :) And we're praying no one else succumbs.
2. Matt has been completing some training on the CAD software they use at his new company, so he's been done with work at 4:30 every day! Woo hoooo! We have all enjoyed some extra time with him each evening. :)
3. Christmas gifts we have ordered are starting to roll in, and I have to say it's quite fun. We got one of Asa's yesterday, and it was hard not to give it to him since he was feeling so poorly! I just wanted something to cheer him up! But I know he'll love it when he opens it for Christmas. :) Most of our nieces and nephews gifts are ready too. Soon nap time will be "wrapping time." :)
4. I just updated our driving info for our auto insurance. I love that even though it costs a smidge more to drive in TN than in OH (crazy, twisty, turny, hilly TN roads!), Matt's mileage in particular is SO much less that the premium change about broke even. :)
5. We hope to get our Christmas tree this weekend! I'll try to post pictures once it's up and decorated!
Friday, December 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yea for healthy boys, gifts arriving, Daddys home early and CHRISTMAS TREES. WOO HOO!!!
Post a Comment