1. We are ALL in Tennessee! This is a definite improvement over 3/4 of us being in Tennessee and 1/4 still being in Ohio. :)
2. All the essentials are unpacked, but there are still boxes everywhere. The kids' rooms are done. Asa's has all his wall art hung and everything. Anna Reaghan's room as all her wall art except her name hung. How dorky am I that I loved unpacking her clothes because I was excited about her fall and holiday clothes she'll be wearing soon. It make me smile to come across those things. :) And sweet Asa still talks about how he has his "very own bed" and his "very own couches" here at this house. He has clearly struggled with the transition and change, but he's coming around. For the first time 2 days ago he said he liked this house when we asked. He has not consistently said that, but to get even 1 "yes," means he's getting there. I hate that it's been so hard on him, but every day is another day toward finding a new normal for him.
3. On Monday we went to Petsmart. I wanted Asa to see we'll still do the same fun things we did in Ohio. He loved all the animals, and in particular we saw a chameleon right up by the glass. It was sleeping and its eyes were moving while it slept, its tail was curled around a tree branch, and its legs all held onto branches. Asa was amazed.
4. My birthday was on Tuesday! My mom and grandmother spent the morning with us (allowing me to hang the kids' wall art as mentioned above). Matt picked up Chili's (per my request... I wanted chips and salsa) for dinner and we had a delicious chocolate cake from Publix for dessert. Asa helped me open presents. ;) I'm glad we were all back together in time for my birthday!
5. Matt loves his new job. We are really excited to see what God has in store. And very thankful.
BONUS: Asa and Anna Reaghan's cousins came over to jump in leaves on Monday after AR was down for a nap. The kids had So.Much.Fun! I raked the leaves into a giant pile and also raked a maze path into the leaves under our huge oak tree. I loved seeing Asa get to play with his cousins. :)
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Yea for the house coming together! I know you are working HARD! The leaves were SO much fun!
Post a Comment