We are now halfway through our last week in Ohio. It is flying by!
We spent the weekend cuddled up with Asa who remained feverish and miserable. His fever came back all day and night about an hour before his medicine wore off. It made for lots of trips up the stairs in the night for Mommy, and lots of sleeping holding him in his room. He just wanted to be held all day and night. :( On Sunday his fever finally broke and he had several hours without medicine OR a fever!!! That was so encouraging! His tongue looked noticeably better on Sunday and then on Monday it improved so much I was worried there wouldn't be enough sores for the pediatrician to identify what we were dealing with. We wanted to take him on Monday to be sure he was getting well and to know what the virus was in case Matt, Anna Reaghan, or I get it. It turns out we were correct in thinking it was hand, foot, and mouth disease. It is HIGHLY contagious, so it will kind of a miracle "God thing" if Anna Reaghan does not succumb. So far, so good though! And Asa is eating and drinking water again, color is returning to his cheeks, and feisty giggles are returning to our home. PRAISE the Lord!!
On the packing front, all the closets are about ready to go now. I packed up a few more toys and things from the living room and some small appliances and cooking utensils in the kitchen. Today's jobs are finishing laundry so clothes can be sorted and packed once and for all (hopefully), and the kids' odd-shaped toys so I know if I have enough big boxes or if I need to purchase more.
I scheduled carpet cleaners for Friday morning, placed stop service orders for all our Ohio utilities, and I need to call our moving representative who offered to drop off another load of boxes. Yes, please! Better to have too many than too few, I think! :)
I plan for tonight to be the last night I'm cooking dinner. Then tomorrow we'll probably have various left-overs. Then it's on to take out and eating off of paper & plastic.
I also finished gifts I made for some friends. I'll post pictures later, but I am very thankful I had time to squeeze that in. Our Ohio friends have been such a blessing to us. We will miss them so much!!
Alright, off to the races for another day of balancing parenting and packing! :)
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment