Friday, September 7, 2012

Five on Friday

1. We officially have leased a home in Tennessee!  We signed the lease last night and can take possession October 1.  Of course we won't be there yet, but my parents will get the keys for us and we'll be there a few weeks later.  We saw the ad late last Saturday, and my parents got to see it last Sunday (or maybe Monday?  It all runs together!  So.many.houses).  It's an old basement rancher farmhouse of a former dairy farm!  The land has been developed as a neighborhood now (big, brick homes with "our" little farmhouse at the end of the street), and it's even in the part of town we wanted!  We will have effectively cut Matt's commute time in half and his commute mileage by even more--1/3 of his current commute!  It has a huge, beautiful yard, a big kitchen, much more space for Sammy than where we currently are (she patiently spends her days lounging in the laundry room), the garage on the main level even though it's a basement rancher (a PLUS for getting kids...and groceries... in and out of the car), a sun room we are SUPER excited about, and 2 bonus/play areas in the finished basement.  We are SO thankful for God's provision!  The landlords seem amazing and are even getting a riding lawnmower (because the yard is so big) for us to use for a VERY (*VERY*) nominal fee each month.  Amazing!

2.  Have I mentioned I'll be able to shop at PUBLIX again after we move?!?! :) :) :) :)  Yea!!!

3.  We are still working on packing, bit by bit.  I packed the miscellaneous items in our master bathroom cabinets this week and started on the basement toys and guest room closet.  Anna Reaghan's closet is done, too!  I need to decide what we should work on this weekend.  Maybe finish off the garage and do Asa's closest and the guest room closet?

4.  We have a picnic with church friends tomorrow that we are looking forward to.  We originally set aside this weekend to travel to Tennessee to look for a house to rent, but now that we have that settled we are staying here!  I never thought I would turn DOWN an opportunity to visit Tennessee, but facing the 9 hour drive with the kids when we're MOVING there in 7 weeks make staying put seem quite nice. :)

5.  Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut!!  I have not had a salon hair cut in 7 *years* since the summer before our wedding.  I have had Matt trim it from time to time since then, but that's all.  At first it was because I didn't know anyone to ask for a recommendation in Florida, but then Matt trimming it just became our norm. :)  I haven't even trimmed it since before Anna Reaghan was born, and my hair is down to my waist.  Tomorrow at 11:00 is the big chop and a donation to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  I am sooo excited!  Pics to come!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

YAY for the house! It really is wonderful! Can't wait for you to see it! Woo Hoo for packing (good job, you guys) - and for getting your hair cut. I hope your picnic is fun - and I'm glad you can stay and enjoy it...but I am counting the days til you DRIVE to Knoxville!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)