Friday, August 31, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  We celebrated Asa's official graduation OUT of diapers last night!  WOO HOO!!  He filled up his Busytown map with stickers, so we took him to Cold Stone Creamery for his first REAL ice cream (he's only had soy ice cream until now).  I thought he'd pick vanilla or chocolate, or maybe peanut butter ice cream once I saw they had that.  But nope, he saw a bright BLUE container and said, "I want blue!"  We got a taste test because he's never tasted cotton candy (the blue flavor) and he said he wanted a whole cup of it indeed.  He added M&Ms and whipped cream to it.... and he ate the WHOLE thing.  He LOVED it!  YEA, Asa!!!

2.  I am very excited that it's a long weekend.  Matt didn't realize until a day or two ago that he gets Monday off--yea and hooray!  We LOVE Daddy time! :)  I need to check the weather and see if we'll be able to enjoy some outdoor activities.

3.  We are still selling things on Craigslist one by one.  I have a bite on the tv and on the toaster oven.  Now we're just trying to set up a time for the buyers to come get them. YEA!

4.  We (well, mostly my amazing  mom) are still looking for a house to rent in TN.  It's a bit stressful at times, but we are trying to remind ourselves it's not even September yet (well, it will be tomorrow, but you know what I mean) and God's got this.  Deeeeeeep breath.  That being said, if you live in that area and know of a house for rent, please let me know!  We'd really like a 4 bedroom or 3 + a bonus big enough for a double bed and a few toys (so Matt's parents have a place to come visit/sleep).  Garage preferred.  Fenced in yard a major bonus. :)

5.  I am hoping to cut my hair soon!  It's sooooo long. No really.  It's crazy long right now.  I haven't cut it since before Anna Reaghan was born (ahem... she's 13 months old), and I haven't had it cut in a *salon* since before we got married (so yeah, just 7 years ago).  I am really, really looking forward to this.  I have enough to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths which I am excited about, too.  Pics to come!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

YAY for selling stuff on Craigslist...and for an extra day off...and for getting your hair cut. I cannot wait to SEE it!
Praying for God's choice of a house!