Tuesday, May 15, 2012

10 Months

I feel like I *just* wrote your 9 month update yesterday!  And here you are at 10 months old.  Seriously--how did that happen?  T minus 2 months til your birthday?!?  Unreal!  I still feel like those first 5 months of fussiness from reflux and tongue tie have left my recollections blurry, so the 5 months since then seem like the BLINK of an eye!

  • You are wearing, 6 month, 9 month, 6-9, and 6-12 month clothing.
  • Size 3 diapers.  We have about 4 size 2s left from the last package I bought, but there's no going back at this point!
  • I joked before your check up 2 weeks ago that you might weigh as much as Asa did at a year.  Well, not quite, but you are nearly 17 lbs.--a few ounces higher than I expected!  And you've regained a growth curve you lost pre-tongue tie correction.  Way to GROW! :)
  • You are still pulling bows out of your hair sometimes.  We certainly don't make it through the whole day without you pulling the out now and then.  You are so aware now.
  • You still have 2 teeth. Sometimes you seem miserable and I'm SURE another pearly white will pop through, alas, no relief yet.
  • You are still nursing 3-4 times/day (wake up, lunch, dinner, bedtime).  You eat food for lunch and dinner, but you are not hungry in the morning after you nurse.
  • About 2 weeks ago you started sleeping through the night.  UNREAL.  You just up and stopped waking to eat between 3-5.  You are generally going 7 PM-7 AM.  SLEEEEEEEP! (For the record, Asa didn't start sleeping through the night til 14 months, so thank you VERY much!)
  • You are awake about 2 hours in the morning before your first nap (1-1.5 hours long).  Then you are awake about 3 hours til your afternoon nap (about 2 hours, +/- 30 minutes).  Then you are up til bedtime, and you no longer turn into a pumpkin right at 7.  Since you are sleeping so much better at night, your bedtime is more like 7-7:30 and instead of 6:45-7. :)
  • You eat: green beans, sweet potato, whole grain bread, applesauce, soy yogurt, oatmeal, peaches, pears, plums, apricot, pasta, (we tried pineapple, but I think it's still too acidic for your tummy), avocado, banana, cheerios, puffs
  • You are SO very mobile--crawling, pulling up to stand beside everything in sight, a little bit of cruising.  You are exploring everything and LOVE all the new discoveries you have made (like the volume control knob on the receiver in the living room)
  • You LOOOVE Sammy Dog--you crawl so fast to get to her room and just sit and squeak at her and flap your happy arms at her
  • You LOOOVE your brother and grin when I get him out of bed in the morning (you generally wake first).  You often gauge your reaction to new things by his reaction.  You can seem okay, but then if he seems unsure you will back off.
  • You seem very aware of others' feelings in general and adjust your actions accordingly.
  • We read a book before every nap and before bedtime, and you grin every time. :)
  • You love to stop in the middle of nursing and say, "Mama."  You also call Daddy, "Mama."  We're working on it. ;)
  •  We LOOOOOVE you, Anna Reaghan!!

No comments: