Friday, April 13, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  This week has passed awfully quickly!  It might be a blur because Anna Reaghan's teething seemed to peak.  Asa's nighttime sleep was often interrupted by teething, and on the worst days his naps were too.  But he was never inconsolable.  Anna Reaghan had a day or two this week she was wearing her amber necklace, alternating motrin and tylenol as often as we could, and she was STILL sobbing inconsolably.  It was so sad!!  There was nothing left to do but hold her while she cried. :(  Yesterday she seemed a bit more at ease, and last night she slept from 7:30-5:30!!!!  Maybe she'll get a reprieve.  That would be WONDERFUL for all of us. :)

2.  On Monday I had an appointment to get my eyes checked.  I was SO excited.  I anticipated it as if I were going to the spa--time to be quiet, look at frames, get my vision cleared up (it has changed during both pregnancies, and I hadn't been since late 2009 maybe as we moved and then I got pregnant again!).  It turned out to be kind of disastrous as the eye doctor was extremely unprofessional.  My desperation for a new pair of contacts is about all the kept me from walking out.  Now I'm debating whether I will return for my follow up or just pay out of pocket and start over at a different practice.  It was that abysmal.  But I have contacts!  I might be allergic to them thanks to my latex allergy and the doctor's... lack of professionalism and thoroughness.  Fun fun fun.

3.  Asa is awesome.  He actually had a really rough day or two, but then he slept in and seems to have caught up on some sleep (it's not like he's been going to bed late or napping short.. he has just been tired all the time even though he's sleeping 11-12 hrs. and night and taking a 2-2.5 hr nap!).  This morning he has been delightful and I found myself thinking, "Nothing I have ever done or ever could do would earn me the right to deserve this sweet boy being in my life and my family." God is so gracious and merciful.  Asa is such a gift to us!

4.  We are supposed to have a day or two over the next week with warmer weather!  Woo hoo!!  I vote for that after having flurries 2 days this week!

5.  I am hoping to make some clothes for the kids to wear on our upcoming beach trip.  I'll post when I'm done (assuming they turn out okay).  As I told Matt, I figure I only have 2 year or so max before it probably won't be so cute to dress Asa and AR in coordinating outfits for special events.  I need to milk this while I can! :)

No comments: