Thursday, March 29, 2012

Weekend Rewind

Is it terrible that I'm having difficulty remembering what we did this weekend?  EEK.

Saturday:  the big things from Saturday were that we went to the craft show.  I think we've been enough seasons now that it's *starting* to be repetitious.  I like to go to look for gifts and for ideas of things *I* can  make.  We did not find any gift, but Asa DID score an Usborne book about trains (which we have read about 100 times already) and I saw a wall hanging idea I liked.  It was worth it.   We also ordered a new mower!  We went with Amazon because they could get it even faster than the local stores AND we had a gift card from when we closed out our FL bank accounts and traded in our debit card "points."  So we got a GREAT mower at a FABULOUS price.  Matt is excited. :)  I'm sure Asa will be too, as he loooooves a good "mow-no".  On Saturday night (I think it was then, we'll call it Saturday night) I  made some bows for Anna Reaghan.  I just tried some basic "boutique" bow techniques, but next on my list is a fish shaped ribbon sculpture bow that will go perrrrfectly with several sweet summer dresses she has.  I am excited to have my supplies and try it!

Sunday:  Several couples from our small group were on a marriage retreat together, so the group didn't meet.  It was my week for nursery duty, however, so Matt worshiped first hour while I worked in the nursery and Asa went to Sunday school.  We had a pretty low key afternoon, but we DID take Asa to get ice cream.  He LOVED it (well, he and I actually had sorbet--that whole dairy issue we have) and had mini M&Ms, mini marshmallows, and marshmallow sauce all over his.  Matt grilled dinner for us Sunday night which was a very yummy treat.  The weather was gorgeous over the weekend before a cold snap came back our way.  I also worked on Anna Reaghan's next photo book.  I had a code for a free book that I had to use by Monday (or lose).  Our internet connection was SO slow on Monday (so random), but I DID get my order in around 11:00.  Yea!

We had a GREAT weekend and it always passes all too quickly.  We are looking forward to lots of family time on our upcoming beach trip!  Hooray! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Asa is such a good lawn mower guy. (His daddy taught him well.)

I can't wait to see AR's photobook?
Can I take a peek yet? Huh?