Sunday, March 11, 2012

Oh man, oh man

These kids are in a hurry to grow up on us this weekend!

1.  Anna Reaghan's 2nd tooth is in hot pursuit of her first tooth!  A corner of it popped through her gums today.  I think by the end of the week she'll have two little bottom teeth poking up from her gums.  I need to take lots of pictures before that happens to preserve her precious (seemingly) toothless grin before her teeth really show--I know she'll look so different and so much older once you can see her teeth.  How do they grow up so fast?

2.  Today during rest time Asa had strike 1 of the "2 strikes and you're out.... of your crib" game.  He was jumping on one of his stuffed animals (from what we gather based on his description... it was Snoodle, the one we took pictures with every week his first year) and flipped out of his crib.  Any parent who had heard a big "boom" sound that can only be your child's body crashing into something knows how terribly it rings in your ears long after the actual injury.  *shudder*  Thankfully he's okay.  I *think* it scared him enough that we *might* still be okay to wait and switch him to a twin in a few months.  But certainly if it happens again or we even SEE him in a position (such as when he wakes up and we go retrieve him from his bedroom) that suggests he hasn't learned this "lesson," we'll go ahead and switch him.  We have the mattresses and the basics of the bedding.  We're picking up the headboard when we visit TN this summer, but I'm 99% sure we have a frame at least, or we could always start with the mattress and box spring on the floor if we need to.  I need to go ahead and order some rails in case we have an unexpected bed switch, and I guess I need to get cracking on recreating some of the ideas I have pinned as inspiration for his big boy room.  It is vehicle themed--cars, trucks, trains, planes, etc.  I think he will LOVE it! :)

3.  Just before I put Anna Reaghan down for a nap today, I saw her use her head to prop herself up and propel herself forward (toward Asa's box of wooden train tracks).  Eeeek!  This is the first forward (or backward, for that matter) locomotion we have seen!  She doesn't usually seem terribly interested in getting around, but this proves she CAN so when she DOES decide she wants to.... well, look out world!

4.  Today after church, Asa held an entire conversation (about sunglasses) with one of his little 2 year old friends.  The parents just stood back to watch & listen.  It was too cute and didn't really contain any random asides.

How did they get so big so fast???

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Please tell them to SLOW DOWN :)