This weekend did not seem to fly by (thankfully), but I can't say we have a ton to show for it either.
Saturday: I think we mostly lazed about in the morning. Asa played, Matt pitched in wherever needed with house stuff (like taking down/out the Christmas tree)/AR stuff and played with Asa in between. :) During naptime (well, Asa's nap) I set out some things in the guest room wanting to personalize it more as my sewing/crafting room. The walls have all been blank except one little sign that says "create" above a bookshelf. I received several little letterpress art pieces for my birthday and Christmas that I wanted to arrange on the wall above my sewing cubbies. I also made some little "upholstered" boards covered in some of my favorite swatches of fabric to add a little color to the wall. I'm not done hanging everything yet, but I'll post a picture when I am. :) Our BIG news was that we had spaghetti for dinner last night. That might not sound like much, but tomatoes have been a significant reflux trigger for Anna Reaghan. We haven't had ANY Italian food, ANYTHING remotely tomato based for almost 6 months. Between her being almost 6 months old (when it's common for reflux to subside to some degree) and starting cereal (which often helps weigh down stomach contents so they do not reflux back up the esophagus), we decided to try some spaghetti. Mine was very light on the sauce, but it was deeeeeeeelicious. Asa agreed--he had three servings! Ha! Anna Reaghan seemed fine in the night--no gas or stomach upset that I could detect. Woo hooo!!
Sunday: We went to church this morning. It was nice to be back after traveling the past several weekends. Unfortunately, it's been enough weeks since we've attended that Asa had a rough drop off. :( :( But he was very happy when we picked him up! I also took Anna Reaghan to the nursery for the first time (on a Sunday--she goes during Wed. Bible study but there are only 1-2 other babies then). We kept her with us during Sunday school and the beginning of the worship service. I fed her after the singing portion at the beginning of worship and then took her to the 0-6 month room. Eeeek. They have been asking since she was born when we would leave her (that's the room I volunteer in). I think I will go back to helping in there (1 Sunday/month) this month, so I figured it would be good to try her out in there. There are only 3 other babies registered in her room this month, so she'll get plenty of attention. ;) She only cat-napped in Sunday school and then fell asleep on the way home (stink!), so she was falling apart when we got home and she woke up again. Asa was exhausted from being anxious in his nursery class, and they both just needed SLEEP. Anna Reaghan never did get a good nap, but she crashed at bedtime. Asa woke up after napping about 1.5 hours, played SUPER happily in bed for about 1.5 hours, and then he fell back asleep! He grazed through a dinner and then went back to sleep. Friday and Saturday nights he talked to himself in bed until 9:30, so he is one tired puppy. Hopefully tonight's sleep and today's nap will get him back on track. :)
This week I'm hoping to keep working at getting our Christmas decorations put away, fixing up the sewing room the way I'd like, and loving on my family. :) I am blessed.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment