1. SNOW! Last night through this morning we received snow. It's the 2nd or third time of the season, but the first two were hardly more than a dusting. This amounted to several (3ish? 4?) inches as it is also BLUSTERY windy (42 mph!) creating drifts everywhere. In fact, it's so windy that the temperature this morning was 25, but the windchill was -12!! Regardless, I bundled the kids up (I feel like SUCH an Ohio mom when I do this) and headed out for a few pictures. We only lasted about 10 minutes before even Asa told me it was "so cold" and agreed to go inside (shocking). But I managed to capture Anna Reaghan's first experience with snow. She was not impressed, never looked me in the eye, and pretty much seemed bewildered/miserable. I imagine she'll enjoy it more next year. ;)
 |
| bundled up and ready for some snow |
 |
| "You have got to be kidding me" |
 |
| "Are we done yet?" |
 |
| a decent snowfall |
 |
| he loves his new bear mittens and kept making them grrrrrr at me |
 |
| he is the BEST big brother! |
 |
| LOVE this boy |
 |
| scraping snow off the patio chairs |
 |
| trying out the yard |
 |
| eating snow (a few bites) back inside |
2. Matt is scheduled to return tonight from his first business trip since Anna Reaghan was born. You might recall my anxiety as he traveled after I was full term with her, and all I could envision was being alone in Ohio with no family, a 2 year old, a husband ACROSS the country, and going into labor. Thankfully, that didn't happen. And his routine of traveling every 4-6 weeks took a break. He hasn't traveled for SIX months!! God is so merciful to allow us a break from his traveling until Anna Reaghan finally calmed down at 5.5 months. It's been a long, hard road to get to this point, but she is so much easier (in general) and at ease. It made it much less daunting when I received a message from Matt asking about booking this trip. I could wholeheartedly encourage him that we'd be fine. I also appreciate his boss' thoughtfulness in having Matt check to see what I thought before booking the trip. :)
3. We had that amazing spaghetti last week only to see that Anna Reaghan, while not responding as terribly as she did months ago before I stopped eating anything tomato-based, was uncomfortable as a result. So, spaghetti is back on hold. But I have added ketchup back to a few things and been fine. YEA--a condiment is back on my approved list of foods! :)
4. I just want to throw out there that I am really enjoying my kindle. :) I'm currently reading The Secret Garden. It's SO fun to revisit old favorites. :)
5. During AR's morning nap, Asa and I finished a project that was part of G-Ma's Christmas present. I saw some art pinned awhile ago on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with it. I showed it to my mom as an example of the amazing things you can find on Pinterest, and she subtly suggested she'd love one of her own. So today we made our own version of this (quote from The Jesus Storybook Bible):
Theirs
Ours
Stay tuned for a post about how we did it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment