Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful Day 13

13. Sleep

I am thankful for sleep, especially when I get it unexpectedly!  Last night, Anna Reaghan was really struggling with an upset tummy.  She *wanted* to sleep, but every 2-3 minutes she would scrunch up or arch her back in discomfort.  She lasted like that for a long time.  Her discomfort was enough that I honestly did not think I'd be able to put her in her crib to sleep, and I didn't think I would be able to sleep because she needed patting every time her stomach cramped.  But lo and behold, between 1:30 and 2 (after being held since 11), Anna Reaghan's stomach calmed down and I was able to put her in her bed and go to sleep myself!  Until 4:30!  I may have only slept 2.5 hours in that interval until 4:30, but since I was expecting no sleep for the whole night, it was pretty amazing. :)  I fed her at 4:30, and then I woke her up around 7:20 to feed her and get ready for church.  She was sound asleep and greeted me with a grin as I gently rubbed her back and whispered her name.

Yea for sleep!  Yea for sweet sleepy smiles!  Yea for tummies calming down! :)

No comments: