I'm behind on blogging this week. I started a Weekend Rewind, because we really had a GREAT long Independence Day/Matt's birthday weekend. But when I went back to finish it, the pregnancy fog precluded me from remembering what else we did that weekend! Eeek! Know we had a great time that included a fun little party for Matt, a picnic lunch in the park, and delicious food from Matt's new grill. :)
1. No news on Anna Reaghan, other than she is still cooking. We go back Tuesday if she has not already been born/I'm not in labor. G-Ma voted she would come today, tomorrow she would be birthday twins with my cousin, and Auntie Joy voted for Monday or Tuesday. So, we'll see....
2. G-Ma arrived safely on Wednesday. Hoooraaaaay! We have found somewhere to go walking everyday and tried to wrap up any other details that could possibly need to be attended to (I remember the exact same mentality once we were waiting for Asa.... "Is there *any*thing else we need to do?" WHAT can we do with our day?"). Earlier this week that included finally packing my bag for the hospital. I'd left it unpacked hoping Murphy's Law would kick in and Anna Reaghan would come *because* it was unpacked. We decided to switch tactics and pack it so that everything we could think of was ready for her instead.
3. We have played a couple rounds of Dominion, a new game Matt received for his birthday. It is SO fun... and it doesn't hurt that I've won. ;) It's a fun way to pass some time in the evening.
4. Two days ago Asa was looking out the back door watching Sammy play in the backyard. He was laughing pretty hard, but he loves his dog so that's not so unusual. Then he exclaimed, "Sammy kissing!" That made me go check out what was going on. A neighbor's dog was loose in our backyard and the two dogs were sniffing each other. Asa must have seen them when they were sniffing each other's faces!
5. We had a stew with a pretty strong-flavored gravy for dinner last night (similar to the gravy at McAlister's). Asa had not tried it before.... and he LOVED it. He repeatedly asked for more "sauce," and when dinner was over I asked him if it had been a yummy dinner. His reply? "Sauce, yummy sauce!"
6. We have a few toys with Elmo on them, and Asa knows the little red character is "Elmo" because we refer to him that way. But because we have not allowed him to watch tv to this point, he doesn't really KNOW Elmo or Sesame Street. A week or two ago he came home from Sunday school and saw a book on his shelf that had Elmo and Cookie Monster on it. We had not called Cookie Monster by name, and the church nursery is the only place he goes, so I'm sure someone in the nursery must have done some Sesame Street voices with him because he said, "Elmo" and then "COOKIE!!!" in a low, gravelly Cookie Monster voice! I cracked up! He is SUCH a little sponge. :)
We'll keep you posted on AR news. She has to come at some point! :)
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment