We had a nice weekend together as a family + G-Ma complete with beautiful weather!!
Friday: Mom and I spent time during the day playing with Asa of course. :) She also really helped me get the final touches done around the house so we're ready for Anna Reaghan and get caught up on ironing.
Saturday: Matt started to mow the lawn, but he thought the motor sounded like it was about to grind and seize. He stopped mowing and I noticed smoke curling out of the oil dipstick. Lovely. He went to Lowe's and found out we'd refilled it with the wrong kind of oil after the move! He bought the right kind, hoped for the best, and was able to mow the whole yard! Praise the Lord! We don't know the full extent of the damage to the mower from having the wrong oil in it, but we'll eek out of it what we can before buying another one. :) The furniture store delivered our new love seat for the basement. It's so comfortable, and Asa loves to sit up on it with you. He tells you the couch is "cozy." :) He LOOVES the new basement set-up. I'm so glad he's enjoying it so much. :) Then our landlord stopped by because we'd heard and seen water trickling down the back of the freezer and thought it seemed odd. As it turned out, Matt and our landlord determined it was part of the normal process of defrosting the freezer coils. No worries! Matt headed to the BIG city to attend an event a coworker invited him to earlier in the week, and Mom and I hung out around the house and watched Little Women. :)
Sunday: Mom had to leave in the morning. :( Asa kept asking for her, and I had to get Matt up to distract Asa from running to the window over and over looking for G-Ma's car. We made it to Sunday school and church. It is such a blessing to be getting to know friends in our Sunday school class! It's really starting to feel like "home" and like we're able to know others and they're getting to know us. Such a praise and answer to prayer! Sunday afternoon Matt AND Asa took 3 hour naps! Yes, THREE HOURS! Asa hasn't taken a long Sunday nap the whole time we've lived in this house (we'd occasionally get 2-2.5 hours at the townhouse, but he *was* 3 months younger then). I sewed the lace overlay for our baptism gown while they both slept. Then I relaxed on the computer and dozed off myself. After Asa woke up, he "helped" Matt put together his new pretend grill--he is soooo cute with it, "flipping burger" and "cook it" with "sauce." He has "cooked" every day since then! For dinner, Matt really did grill steak for us and we had baked potatoes. He and Asa played outside while keeping an eye on the steaks, and then we went for a walk after dinner. It was a very pleasant close to the weekend.
TODAY: We had a 37 week appointment with our doctor. Everything is still good--my blood pressure is normal, the rash I've developed is not PUPPS (I didn't think it was) but probably is pregnancy related, the doctor said I haven't really gained any weight since my May 6th appointment but she thinks Anna Reaghan is picking up the pace on HER growth. She felt like AR may have grown a bit more than usual the last 2 weeks, so she scheduled us for an ultrasound next week (!!!). She wants a better idea of how Anna Reaghan is growing, especially as the way I tend to carry is less common--realllly stretched out lengthwise through my torso but not poking out so much. Just like with Asa, now that things are winding down AR seems to be sprawled out across my belly from side to side (still head down, but not curled up in a ball), so our doctor wants to see her. We are SOOOO excited to have a glimpse of our baby girl! Given some of the bigger birth weights of some of our nieces and nephews, our midwives had us do growth scans pretty often toward the end of Asa's pregnancy. And we saw him every week once I was at/past my due date to check on him. We haven't seen AR since our 20 week ultrasound, so we are really looking forward to seeing her again. :) :) I know ultrasounds can be off by a pound either way at the end of a pregnancy, but it will be interesting to see what the doctor thinks! We were also able to talk to our doctor about our preferences for labor and delivery, and she was 100% on board with everything and said most of our requests are even her standard practice. Praise the Lord! We see her again next Tuesday and the ultrasound is on Wednesday. We'll keep you posted! :)
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I am so glad the appt. went well. I developed a weird rash with Jack - and it wasn't PUPPS either. It went away right after he was born! I am so jealous about your ultrasound... I was hoping to see Julianne again, too!
Post a Comment