So I missed 5 on Friday. Here's the low down on last week... :)
1. On Monday we had an impromptu playdate with Heidi and her two children (her daughter was born the same month as Asa and her son is about a year and a half older). I met her through Ruthie, and Heidi and I are due about 6 weeks apart--she's expecting her second boy in August. She was down our way to check out some things at Babies R Us and stopped by to play afterward her browsing. It was so nice to see her again (we last met up at a children's museum in January or February) and catch up. There's a cool play gym kind of place up near her house we're hoping to meet at on a good rainy day soon. :)
2. We found a photographer to take pictures of Anna Reaghan's first year! Praise the Lord! I wasn't exactly stressing about it, but I was sad we couldn't have Sheli take them--she is the photographer we found in FL. The photographer I found here takes pictures at the same age splits at Sheli did, 3/4 months (smiling), 6-8 months (sitting up/crawling), and 10-12 months (standing/first steps/first birthday). We even get a photobook at the end of the first year with pictures from each session in it, and we can add a newborn shoot on location at our house for a steep discount! WOO HOO! Not only that, we can get a cd with all the original files from each shoot AND a print release for the price range I was hoping for. So, so, so excited! :)
3. I found a table for Anna Reaghan's room. Maybe I mentioned that last week? Anyway, it's super cute and I have included a little photo of it for you. Her room is alllllmost ready for its own post. :)
4. Asa is absolutely talking up a storm. It's just amazing how much more and more of the day is filled up with him talking. He learns new words all.the.time. We love it!!
5. Sleep has been a liiiiiiiittle off for our little guy this week between crazy storms that woke him up from naps or overnight sleeping early (though nothing compared to the tornadoes in TN, GA, and AL... we are so thankful our family and friends in TN are safe and so sorry for all the destruction and especially lives lost throughout the region), other random things that came up and affected naptime, and now an overtired boy who can't quite turn himself off at night (he only had one nap today because we had church, but I heard him talking to himself until 9:00 tonight!!!! What??? That's an hour past his LATEST bedtime! He's usually in bed around 7:30!). I am hopeful this week might have fewer sleep interruptions and he can get back on track. He's still as sweet as can be, but I can see the weariness in his eyes. :) Sleep, baby, sleep!
6. I will post a pregnancy update photo soon. I know we haven't done one yet, but it will be fun to compare to when I was this far along with Asa (31 weeks tomorrow!). :)
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment