Friday, May 13, 2011

Five on Friday

1.  We got to go outside for a walk or at the very least a little walk around the house almost EVERY day this week!  It has been amazing!  I think spring is here!  We have a couple days of rain rolling in now, but you can still find pockets to at least walk to check the mail and stroll around the yard when you want to.  Asa is eating it up!

2.  I did something I have REALLLLY been wanting to do this week.  I've worked through enough of the MUST TRY THIS items on my crafting (sewing) to do list that I worked up the nerve to dig out a scrap of fabric and run it through the pleater.  I am now set up with my A-Z of Smocking book and learning different stitches.  I am so, so, so excited!!  SO excited.  It's not as brainless to keep the stitches straight across as I thought it would be, but I am thrilled to be learning something I've wanted to learn for a long time, to be learning/doing something that CREATES something, and to have a little handwork while Matt and I hang in the evenings.  I can be creative but not holed up in the guest room away from him. :)

3.  Asa's speech is going through a major verbal explosion.  I know I keep saying it, but it's amazing.  He talks, labeling of course AND providing commentary, alllll daaaaay looooong.  Two word phrases are very much a regular thing around here as of the last 1-1.5 weeks and 3 word phrases are popping up more and more all the time.  Not to mention that he learns, uses, and applies new words and phrases every day.  I LOOOOVE it!  It's SO fun to get small glimpses into what he's thinking. :)

4.  Matt has a short, one-day business trip this weekend.  I'm thankful it's a little jaunt and he'll be back soon. :)  While he's gone, Asa and I might check out a little cupcake/bakery/cafe nearby (Alissa, I thought you would approve :) ).  I hope it's yummy!

5.  As an update on our baby birds, the mother bird is patiently sitting on her nest and tending to her eggs.  She stopped laying after 3 eggs, and we should expect them to hatch sometime next week!  I try not to bother her too much because I want her to stick around and take good care of her babies. :)  But I'll be sure to snap a picture once the baby birds are out of their eggs! :)

2 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

Cupcakes are my favorite! I hope the bakery you visit is yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Looove the updates! Hooray for Matt getting the disposal installed.

And it's getting pretty exciting to think about Anna Reaghan coming into the world soon! Meanwhile, it sounds like my grandson is a hoot - and a smart "hoot" at that.

Love, Dad