Tuesday, February 1, 2011

18 Weeks

Yesterday marked the completion of 18 weeks of this pregnancy!  I had always heard subsequent pregnancies fly by, and that's certainly proving true!  I can't believe we're almost halfway through.  It's just amazing!  I am feeling the baby more and more, and Matt has even felt a few little kicks. :)  Next Thursday is our big ultrasound.  I have a confession:  I am still voting boy, but for about the past week when I talk about the baby, the pronouns that immediately come out of my mouth without even thinking have all switched to feminine and I keep "seeing" a little girl. The same thing happened but in reverse with Asa.  Last time, I had a "gut" feeling the baby was a girl, and a month or so before our ultrasound I flip-flopped and was pretty sure it was a boy.  Gah!  I just hope it is glaringly obvious on the ultrasound either way! :)

Pregnancy Update:
How Far Along: 18 weeks
Size of baby: the size of a bell pepper (about 5.5 inches and almost half a pound)
Maternity Clothes: Not yet.  Some of my dress pants for church aren't feeling so roomy when I sit, but I'm still wearing all regular clothes.  Maybe JUST starting to show if you know me well and look closely. ;)
Food: Still not much of an appetite most days.  Starting to have less nauseous days, but they are not exactly the norm yet.


Asa is great. :)  He is still talking tons and starting to try more and more to put two word phrases together. :)  He recently started understanding "where" more, so we are hearing, "Where Dada?  Where car?   Where go?"  It's very sweet. :)  His left 2 eye teeth have really made it through the surface of his gums, so we had a few days' relief from fussiness.  Now the right side has started. :)  I'm hoping he'll get them all through and can take a break from teething in time for Tyson's wedding March so we'll have our usual happy camper for that weekend adventure!

We have an ice storm going on right now.  I ran my necessary errands yesterday--yea!  The forecast called for up to a foot of snow, but as the system approached our area of Ohio, it turned more and more into an ice storm.  I think we have 1/2 inch of ice right now with another 1/4 to 1/2 inch expected on top of that!

I am working away on Asa's first year scrapbook.  I made photo books for each quarter of his first year through sites like Shutterfly and Picaboo, but I also wanted an overview of his entire first year.  I'm in December, so I'm about halfway done.  I think once I get past documenting his first Christmas in it (3 layouts--1 for each location), I should be able to move pretty quickly through early 2010.  I would love to get caught up to present day so I can just do a layout or 2 a month.  That would be GREAT!!  And I actually have a Shutterfly code I need to use to make a photo book of the last 4 months of Asa's first year.  We have one well-photographed little guy. :)  AND I want to make an appointment at Penney's for 18 month portraits.  He's 19 months old, but we'll let that slide, right? ;)

That's about it for us!  I'm hoping to do some more sewing soon, so stay tuned for HOPEFUL crafty updates. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl. :) Love you! Mom

Our Volunteer Family said...

It's so funny... but I felt the same way about Jack - thought girl until a month before the ultrasound. This time - I think boy - but sometimes think girl. Can't wait to hear next week :)

Anonymous said...

"Where Dada? Where car? Where go?"

Where go? That's WAY too cute!

Dad

Becca said...

:) "Where go?" has been asking about things, not where we are going so far. Matt was making a little RC car go underneath the couch out of sight and then come back out again. Each time it went underneath, I said, "Where did it go?" And then when it came back out, I said, "There it is!" Asa started saying, "Where go?" with his hands up when it went under the couch. And he also said some garbled mishmash of sounds that completely approximated my inflection for, "There it is!" when we could see the car again. :)