Friday, December 3, 2010

Five on Friday

It's been a little while since I posted...

1.  Asa & I spent 3 weeks in TN!  Matt joined us for the last 1/2 week/Thanksgiving.  He asked me if I wanted to go home for a visit while he had some business travel, but that prevented him from coming to get me after 1 week.  And if he came to get me the 2nd weekend, we would have turned around and come right back 3 days later for Thanksgiving (not my idea of fun really ever, but I especially didn't want to subject Asa to that many days of all day car rides so close together).  While I was in TN, Asa had LOTS of fun time with G-Pa & G-Ma, Mimi, and his cousins.  We also got to visit with several friends and I got to attend a baby shower for a friend.  We missed Matt and feel very done being apart (6 weeks for the move, 1 week in July, 2.5 weeks before Christmas, plus another week or so back before the move for business travel with his old company and a few extra days smattered here and there for current company business travel... TOO MUCH), but I'm thankful for extra time with family. :)

2.  We are hoping to get our Christmas tree tomorrow.  We have a plan to gate it off so Asa can't play with it unsupervised, and we're going to hand our non-breakable, Asa-approved ornaments on the bottom 1/3 or so of the tree for when he IS allowed to touch.  In addition, he has his own little tree with a few non-breakable ornaments that his grandparents sent him after seeing how much he loved our birthday count-down tree.

3.  We had our first snow this week!  I'll post a whole blog about it soon, but it was snowing on Wednesday morning when we woke up!  It snowed off and on most of the day without any real accumulation but completely blanketing the golf course we live on.  It was so cold overnight (13 with windchill, I believe) that the dusting that fell overnight covered the roads so truly everything was white!  Then it snowed more yesterday AND this morning!  There's a chance of snow every day until Monday.  We are SOO not in Florida anymore!  Crazy!  Asa thinks the snow is very fun.  We took a very bundled up, short walk in it on Wednesday and he kept holding his hand out trying to catch snow flakes.  I took him out to play in it yesterday, and he loved shuffling his feet through the snow especially when he could get the snow to build up over the toes of his shoes and hide his feet.  He liked to pat and move the snow around with his little mittened hands.  And he didn't even mind when he toppled over and some got on his face!  In fact, he sobbed when we came inside.  He may be a Florida baby, but I'm thinking he's an Ohio toddler now. ;)

4.  I ordered my 50 free Shutterfly cards.  I need to write our Christmas letter and print it so it will all be ready to go as soon as the cards arrive.  Free cards are a nice treat. :)

5.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents, grandmother, my brothers and their families, and my sister-in-law's family.  The turkey was delicious and we even got to have left-over turkey sandwiches (with gravy--yum!).  Asa is still in love with rolls and he even decided he liked rolls dipped in gravy. :)  Attaboy! :)   We hope you had a sweet time with family and thanking the Lord for His provision and faithfulness!

No comments: