Friday, October 29, 2010

Five on Friday

1.This week has felt fast and slow at the same time.  It's also been warm and cold.  We had been warm (70s-ish?), and then overnight it became cooooold and windy.  Our overnight lows are back below freezing even before the windchill.  BRRRRR!  The Florida in me says, "But it's only October!!" :)

2.  On Thursday Asa dressed up as a ducky for a moms group Halloween party.  I dare say he is the cutest little ducky you'll ever see. :)  When he got up in the morning, he hopped down from my lap where we were snuggling, walked over to his closet, petted the ducky costume hanging from the closet door handle, and then walked back to cuddle some more. :)  Here's one picture to tide you over until a full ducky photo shoot post. :)



3.  I can't believe October is almost over!  As of Nov. 1, I have been in Ohio for 5 months.  It seems like much longer and much shorter at the same time.

4.  I tried to make oatmeal raisin cookies this week, but we didn't have any oatmeal.  I intended to enjoy a spoonful of dough before I baked them, so I'd held off on a the egg while I mixed them.  In the end, we've enjoyed a couple spoons of oatmeal raisin cookie dough (minus the oatmeal and raisins) for dessert the last 2 nights. :)  I kind of doubt it will actually turn into cookies at this point....

5.  We have family coming to visit soon and we are SOOO excited!  We can't wait for you to see all of Asa's newest tricks and to spend time together.  Hooraaaaay! :)

2 comments:

Our Volunteer Family said...

He looks so cute in his costume! I do the same thing with cookie dough. I never get a ton of cookies either :) Have fun with your family!

Joy said...

Oh my goodness...more ducky pics....PLEASE!!!! ;)