Friday, October 22, 2010

5 on Friday

1.  After a couple weeks of posting during the week as well as 5 on Friday, this week was a week off.  Asa recently had "fun" with my computer.  So much fun the motherboard died!  PSA:  Your 1 year old can do some major "fixing" even if your computer isn't logged into windows!!!  Thankfully, my brother who is not normally big on extended warranties, recommended the high quality extended warranty on our computer when we purchased it, knowing we'd have a little one around who might pull it off a table, spill something on it... or tip-tap-type his way to frying it!  A technician was sent to our home after phone tech support couldn't do anything.  PRAISE THE LORD the hard drive was fine and in tact!  The very day the tech came to our house and got my computer up and running, I spent nap time backing up anything that hadn't been backed up. Lesson learned:  computer stored out of Asa's reach at all times and back-up regularly. :)

2.  Last weekend we went to a local pumpkin farm.  It was BUSY.  We waited about 45 minutes for our "hay ride" to the actual pumpkin patch... I cannot imagine how busy it will be this weekend!  We had a good time, Asa really liked the petting zoo and wandering around the pumpkin patch, and we made a fun memory.  I also had my first funnel cake (that I can recall) which Matt and I split. :)  Yum!  Stay tuned this coming week for pictures of our little pumpkin picking out his own little pumpkin. :)

3.  Several of our friends just had/will soon have their first babies.  This is a great excuse to break out the embroidery arm for my sewing machine, start up the embroidery software, AND purchase a few new applique embroidery designs.  I have only tried one so far, but it's really cute and I can't wait to try the rest of my new acquisitions. :)  I'll post pictures of these, too!

4.  I am working on a set of Jesse Tree ornaments like I made for Joy.  I don't think there's much of a chance I'll have them done in time to use during Advent this year, but I am hoping to have them done in time to be a Christmas gift, and then they'll be all ready for next year.  My process right now is a little slowed down because I made cardstock templates for each ornament (trying to simplify the creation of future ornament sets) and I'm tracing and cutting out 4 sets of each ornament so I'll have some extra sets ready to sew and gift or sell next year. ;)

5.  We are hoping to make a little jaunt to/through Amish country this weekend.  The leaves around here seem like they're just about at their peak color and the rainy weather that's rolling in is sure to strip the trees bare before we know it.  This seems like the weekend to go and hopefully see more beauty stepping out into the country a bit.  We'll let you know about our adventure next week!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's high time your GREAT posts get some sort of feedback. Well, here it is: they're GREAT! I mean REALLY great! I look forward to them - a lot. Thank you for sharing what's going on and what's on your mind. It truly blesses a father's heart! Dad