Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Fourth & Family

We drove down (boy that sounds weird when we've been saying "up" for 4+ years!) to TN for Independence Day weekend.  My grandmother, aunt, and cousin were visiting from California and Asa needed to meet them!  Last time Grandma "saw" Asa I was 5 months pregnant!  Since my family had traveled all the way from California, we knew we wanted to try to make it down while they were visiting.

The trip involved putting Sammy in a kennel for the first time in OH.  But that's a story for another day. :)  Today I just want to recap our July 4th celebration. :)

The whole fam came over, all 5 grandkids included, Dad grilled, we had several yummy desserts to choose from, and then we had fun playing BUBBLES outside.  Mom & Dad had a bubble machine that the kids LOVED.

Evidence:
(I purposefully chose pics where the cuzzies faces aren't too obvious, to protect their privacy, just so you know)











After bubbles we took a whole family picture, well, as many of us as were in TN (the original TN fam + the visiting Cali family) :)

the whole crew



It was fun to see the kids chase and pop bubbles amidst squeals and laughter.  Even tiny Jacob came out for a little while to be cuddled while his big brother and cuzzies played.  I'm so thankful we got to have this time together and make these memories!

No comments: