Friday, July 9, 2010

5 on Friday

As I've missed a couple 10 on Tuesday posts, here's a quick 5 on Friday :)

1.   I am SO thankful for this time with my family!  Not only do I get to be with my parents, siblings, their wives, and my niece and nephews, but my grandmother, aunt, and cousin are visiting from California.  Asa's middle name was named after my late grandfather, so it is SUPER special to me that he gets to meet his amazing wife, my grandma. :)  I am so, so thankful for this time and NEED to remember to take a "4 generations" picture with my grandma, Dad, Asa, and me.

2.  All this family is wonderful, but I do miss MY husband.  He is faithfully working away in Ohio while I am here enjoying extra vacation in TN.  He is so servant-hearted to encourage and allow us to have this extra extended family time.  Thank you, honey!  We can't wait to video chat this weekend and hug your neck when we get home!

3.  Asa amazed me last night.  We had a fun family dinner at my brother's house, and he wasn't in bed until 9:00!  That's TWO hours past his bedtime!  He was such a trooper and totally hung in there with all the craziness that comes from a big family dinner + late bedtime, even though he'd only had 1 nap yesterday on top of the late bedtime.  Wow, Asa!  And thank you, Lord, for keeping him joyful and relaxed until he was in bed.  Of course, since he went to bed late he woke up early this morning (that is typical Asa.  I cannot say it enough, "sleep begets sleep" with that boy, and if he misses sleep you are playing with fire).  Sometimes I'm amazed at babies whose sleep is not so disrupted by routine changes, but I am incredibly thankful that the times we've needed Asa to be super flexible, he made it without a meltdown at the time.  And I'm thankful to know what he generally needs and roll with the early wake up when he doesn't get what he needs (going to sleep *on time*)!

4.  I think I see a new top tooth just starting to break through!  I'll let you know when I get a better peek. :)

5.  I got to go to the great quilt shop here in town yesterday and pick up a couple yards of a few things to add to my "boyish" fabric stash.  Boyish fabric can be difficult to find, and I have learned to snag it when I see it (and love it)! :)  I need to get reorganized with my crafting aspirations now that we're mostly settled in OH.  All the things I want to try are swimming in my head again.  Back to the "to try" list it is, where I can more systematically pick a few projects of the month. :)

1 comment:

Our Volunteer Family said...

I am so impressed that you quilt - and find time to do it :) Hope you are enjoying your family time in TN!