I have now added the guest room, Asa's room, and family room to the list of rooms that are completely packed. That leaves the master bedroom and lanai. Unbelievable! I was hoping and praying it would not come down to a mad rush on the last day, and God has been faithful to help me keep at it so it will not. In fact, I even get to spend time with friends today and tomorrow in between odd jobs. :) Today, Asa and I are going to my school to see friends and make sure I didn't leave anything there last year that I cannot part with. :) Then tomorrow we get to hang out with Caleb and Melissa at Caleb's little baby pool! :) We are also going to return a library book, mail some bills, and pick up a change of address form at the post office.... and I have 2 phone calls to make.
Today and tomorrow are also busy with appointments for our buyers. Today they have elected to have termite and roof inspections (they're planning on replacing the roof even though the info we have indicates it's 8 years old.... whatever. At least they are anticipating it, so if there IS a problem it shouldn't be a deal breaker), and tomorrow is the home inspection. Please pray with us that nothing would come up that would be a deal breaker and that they are exceedingly reasonable in any requests they make.
Asa is "napping" right now, which currently translates to "talking to himself in bed." He's too funny. And he talks All.Day.Long. It's so fun! It will be even more fun when there is a real word or two tossed in there. ;)
Matt flies in tomorrow! We have not seen him in 6 weeks, and sometimes it seems like his arrival date would never get here. It's hard to believe we will actually see him tomorrow night, and not just on a computer screen... in PERSON! My mom is driving down tomorrow also to be here to help with whatever moving details and tasks arise. Please pray for safe travel for both of them!
The final countdown really feels like it's on... there's a good chance all our belongings will be in the process of loading in just 48 hours..... and away we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment