+1 day :)
So this week has been kinda nutty. Mr. Asa decided to boycott naps on Monday and Tuesday. I mean, he would maybe go down for 15-2o minutes, but that was it. And that was after a couple tries of laying him down and him waking up after 5 minutes. On top of that, he decided to start the day bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 o'clock Monday morning. Mommy was not ready for that. Daddy came to the rescue and held him for an hour (when he would normally be getting ready for work), so I could sleep another hour or so. Then he rushed to get ready for work and even came home at 5:30 as promised. He's incredible!
Yesterday out of desperation and curiosity, I popped Asa in Harmony's sling (a friend let me borrow hers to see if he likes it) and started vacuuming. It was only a matter of minutes before Asa started rubbing his eyes and getting a far-off, glazed-over look. I had him sitting up in the sling, but at that point I leaned him back and he was OUT. I vacuumed the whole house to make sure he was good and sleepy. :) The noise totally knocked him out! When I was done vacuuming, I kept him in the sling and reclined on the couch so we could both rest. It was amazing. He was way overtired though from his second day of not napping. But, we realized his early morning on Monday was because we let him start his longer, night sleeps earlier in the evening. So last night Matt worked to keep Asa up for one last wake time instead of letting him sleep right after eating. It paid off.. BIG TIME. After I fed Asa at 7:15 this morning, he and I laid back together until 9:45. That's right, 9:45. He made his momma so happy! All my little 1 and 2 hour chunks of sleep last night added up to about 7 hours. It was AMAZING.
Having not been out of the house yet this week and seeing the sling work successfully a couple of times since I borrowed it, I decided to run by the children's consignment store this morning and see if they had any of this particular brand of sling (Hotslings). I took Harmony's with me and popped Asa in it. It allowed me to actually browse around (since he has strong feelings about the carseat if it's not moving) with 2 hands free! They had a display of new ones, but Amazon is cheaper. Then I found their used ones in the maternity section. I tried on one, and Asa about went to sleep as soon as I leaned him back in it! Perfect! I also found a book I have checked out from the library a couple times that is a great resource (The Nursing Mother's Companion... I highly recommend it along with The Birth Partner for any of my expecting friends out there). I was going to ask my mom to look for it at McKay's, but they had it right there in a used book section! I browsed around a little longer and went to pay only to discover that my driver's license is missing! EEEK. I am afraid we may have accidentally thrown it out (long story). So, they put the items on hold for me, and Matt is picking them up today (thankfully, the store is near his work). Then tomorrow I have an appointment at the DMV to get a replacement license. Another PRAISE is that the DMV is practically across the street from where Matt works. So if Asa is fussy or something, Matt is going to come over and sit with us until we're done. Last time I went (granted, it was when we moved here), they were really good about honoring the online appointment schedule. Hopefully it will be in and out! I already gathered the documents to prove I am who I say I am. :) And they should be able to use the same picture, etc. I could have ordered a replacement online, but I didn't know how long it would take to be mailed, and I don't want to be stuck at home not able to drive until some mystery date. Especially because I have an appointment with our photographer to order Asa's newborn photos on Friday!
So that's about all for us for now. I am so thankful for Asa's great sleep today. It makes having 2 more days until Daddy is home to help for the weekend seem MUCH more do-able. :)
Before I go, here is Asa's 5 week picture and a few other shots. Check out his photo site for the full photo shoot. ;)
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Still such a cutie!!! So glad that the sling is working! Happy 5 months to Asa!!!
Post a Comment