Thursday, July 23, 2009

1 Month Old!!

Today Asa is one month old! I can't believe it's been a whole month since he was born, since we held him in our arms for the first time (and since the induction was finally over)! :) WOW! God has been so faithful to us the past month of learning about our baby boy, about being parents, about getting by on less sleep than ever before, about working together, and about trusting Him (big time). We are SO thankful for His hand on each and every day of Asa's life.

Today has been a good day after a kind of rough night. Mr. Clockwork-tummy-troubles-at-5:00-AM decided to bump things up last night and we up and unhappy from 3:30-4:30. Whew! I fed him at 2, was done by 2:30, he slept for 30 minutes, and then he erupted. It was a long hour, and just when I was going to get Matt to take him the next hour until his next feeding, he zonked. Praise the Lord. :)

As a result of his tiredness from his concert last night ;), or maybe me just figuring things out, or maybe a total fluke, he has taken some great naps today! He has FOUGHT naps since about his 2nd week, and fought them more with each passing week. We have ended up with just 30-45 precarious minutes. And a little boy who's so tired he's not always particularly awake to eat and struggles to make it to the next nap after eating. I decided to go ahead and try putting him down in his crib even if he wasn't all the way asleep. Lo and behold, Asa has taken hour long naps today! He cries for about 5 minutes, but not usually wholehearted cries, then is out, or is out and wakes up shortly thereafter for 5 more minutes of crying. It has been amazing. And not only that, but he's alert and happy in between naps! It's been a whole new world today! That's not to say he's usually crying all the time when he's awake, but his short naps were starting to add up, I think.

Today Asa is wearing his special 1 month onesie that I made him, and we had a little photo shoot for one of his wake times. He was smiling and cooing. :) It was very sweet. He is definitely watching me and tracking when I move by moving his eyes and head. :)

A few other milestones:
  • Asa notices toys hanging from the playmat! He touched one on accident too, and kept moving his hand in that area to keep touching it. He also reached for one of the hanging toys for the first time!
  • He is beginning to coo more now and then. It's very sweet. :)
  • He laughed in his sleep last night! As I was putting him in his crib, he laughed, smiled, and then laughed again. It was PRECIOUS. I can't wait until he does it more (and for real) so can get it on the flip and upload it for you! I just wonder what he was laughing about... maybe he was already planning the songs for his 3:30 AM concert! ;)
  • His head is growing! At 2 weeks, the doctor measured his head at 36.5 cm. I measured it today at 38 cm! Way to grow! ;) I read it's supposed to grow 1 cm/month, so he's ahead of the game. :)
Here are a few pictures to close out today. :) And as always, check his shutterfly site for ALL the pictures. :)











1 comment:

Joy said...

Happy 1 month Asa!!! We love you!