Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Photos & Update

The photo site has been updated! Check it out to see some pictures from our first week at home with Asa. I can't believe he's a WEEK OLD! CRAZY. :)

Asa just woke from a nap--in the pack and play--you have to love that. :) As much as we LOVE holding him, it's great that he'll nap elsewhere from time to time. :) He took a morning nap in his crib, and even slept in his crib 2 hours last night.

I am doing pretty well, though I was diagnosed with mastitis yesterday. Thankfully, for whatever reason (we caught it early?) I don't have the fever/hit by a mack truck feel. The side that's infected is just hot, red, swollen, and very tender when feeding. I'm on an antibiotic and doing some other things to try to help it heal. While it's very painful and I have to psych myself up to feed him on that side, it's not unbearable. We are praising God for even the little things. :)

In GREAT news, Asa was down to 7 lbs. on Friday--before my milk came in. We were asked to come in for a weight check on Monday, and the expectation was that he would gain a half ounce or whole ounce per day. God is SO good--Asa gained EIGHT ounces in 3 days!!!! He is up to 7 lbs. 8 oz., and we are SOOOO VERRRRRY thankful!

Don't forget to check out the photos. And please pray for rest for all of us, for the infection to heal/nursing in general, and for our little boy's rumbly tummy. :)

Here are some pictures to entice you to visit the photo site. :)








1 comment:

Joy said...

I forgot how much I love little tiny cuddly baby clothes!!! Too cute...that little man in those little clothes!
Praying for you guys!!!