Monday, June 1, 2009

The countdown

The final countdown to Asa's due date is definitely on. We are under TEN DAYS!!! Now, most of us are thinking he'll be a smidge late, but it's quite surreal that we are SO close. :)

We think he's dropped some, but that's the only real physical sign we've had that it's getting closer. It did have a burst of energy today that seems like the "nesting" many people associate with labor drawing very near. I still took a good 1-1.5 hour nap, because I've read to be sure not to exhaust yourself if the nesting energy kicks in--you need to save that energy because labor could be just around the corner. But I got a ton done today, some if it quite accidentally at first.

  • Something spilled on the kitchen floor, and as I cleaned it up with my Clorox Green Works cleaner, I noticed the tile grout cleaned up quite nicely near the spill. That turned into me sitting on the floor for about 30 minutes spraying and scrubbing the grout. It was not a "big" major elbow grease kind of clean, but the grout definitely looks lighter. And there's no Bar Keeper's Friend powdery residue (as much as I love that stuff) to try to rinse away. :)
  • Matt cleaned our shower yesterday, as in, removed the doors from the track and scrubbed everything down. He did an AMAZING job, but he was slightly disappointed that the doors still had some soap scum film. So I read up on home remedies for soap scum and came across a suggestion for Shout laundry stain remover. I use that all the time, so I went to try it, and it worked beautifully! We now have sparkling shower doors in the master bathroom! :) I also read a suggestion to then give the doors a rain-x treatment to help the sparkle last. I'll have to run that one by Matt, because he doesn't want me around strong chemicals right now. :)
  • Matt rinsed said shower doors off outside, and he was concerned some of the cleaner and run off from rinsing them may have come in contact with some of the kumquats that have fallen to the ground. Sammy is a big fan of the kumquats. So I raked up all the kumquats and bagged the ones that were near his "cleaning station." We didn't think she really needed to ingest overripe, Tilex-tainted kumquats. ;)
  • I gathered together a final group of checks from students for the last 2 Scholastic book orders I turned in.
  • I made a list of people to send birth announcements to, so I could know how many stamps to buy.
  • I went to the post office to buy stamps and mail the Scholastic payment and some thank yous.
  • I put together Asa's swing. We ordered one, but the swing part knocked into the side supports. We were not impressed. ;) We returned it and picked a different one--the one that had highest marks across several sites for travel swing ratings. It actually matches his crib mobile. :) It works GREAT!
  • I completed an embroidery order (word is getting out, at church in particular that I can embroider names and monograms). I am done with the "orders" I had waiting right now.
  • I cleaned out/organized the pantry. It was a mess. It is back as it should be now (happy sigh).
  • I cleaned off (mostly) the desk in the guest room. It became piled high with craft stuff when the guest room closet shelf broke and dumped everything on the floor. :)
  • I designed Asa's birth announcement. I've been playing around with designs for about a week, and I think we've settled on one. :) I've REALLY enjoyed learning more about Photoshop.
  • I began addressing birth announcement envelopes so they will be ready to roll out. :)
WHEW! Tomorrow I plan to take it much easier. But I have to report that Matt's dad just called and said on his evening walk he got a feeling that I will go into labor before sunrise tomorrow. EEEEK! We had to update you so credit can be given where credit is due if he's right!

Alright, off to spend some sweet time with my hubby before bed. :)

Love,
Us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - Am I just not a detail person - or did you redesign the look of your blog? Double dog Wow - what a busy day! Gee, it will be CRAZY if you go into labor tonight! I don't think I can get my mind around that. I'm VERY glad that God knows exactly when His perfect time is for Asa to be born. I will rest in that. I LOVE YOU! Mom

Becca said...

Yes, I changed the blog up. :) It was just time for something a little different... and I thought this had fun, boyish colors for Asa. :)