Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yum! (just not for me)

Last night we had some friends over for dessert and to play games (Ticket to Ride and Settlers + Seafarers). I made the chocolate chip cookie dough brownie recipe that has been popping up on blogs lately. It received rave reviews, looks and smells delicious, and it could not be easier to make!

Ingredients:
1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme brownie mix
1/3 c. veg. oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookies mix
1/2 c. butter/margarine softened
1 egg
1 container Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting

Directions:

Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.

Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Frost with frosting. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.

**Tip I tried yesterday: cutting brownies and other dense treats goes MUCH more smoothly with a *plastic* utensil! It made SUCH a difference--no delicious brownie stuck to the knife and creating a mess!**

I can't wait to try it some day! ;) I have not knowingly had any caffeine (I ate one tootsie roll before I realized they have chocolate in them) since we found out about Asa. Caffeine is one of my migraine triggers, and I didn't like the thought of taking migraine meds while pregnant. The two migraines I have had while pregnant (not related to caffeine) were enough to convince me to stay FAR away from any of my migraine triggers--yikes! So I look forward to trying these some day, but for now, you can finish the pan for me. ;)



I also have some pictures of Asa-related things. :)

1. Matt received this adorable tackle box! It has a little bait bucket, fish, pole with bobber, and a worm inside. Asa's ready to start pretending to fish with Daddy! :)



2. We went to a local consignment store on Saturday and found 3 small things, including a beaver to begin our woodland creature transformation in Asa's room!



3. Overalls that have a truck on them (Matt liked them instantly)



4. A sweet puppy outfit.



Lastly, I have a picture of myself for you. I admit, I'm self-conscious to post it. I told myself I wouldn't be that way pregnant, but yet I find myself thinking the stereotypical "I just look like I ate too many cookies!" comments to myself. I feel like it's not nearly as cute as pregnancy pictures from ladies who start out thin, but thankfully God gives babies to mommies of all shapes and sizes! He's just starting to pop out above my waist.



Having shown you this picture, I must tell you my pre-pregnancy skirt was a tad tight and accentuated the little bump. Also, if you saw me *after* church in my jeans and favorite sweatshirt, you would have been NONE the wiser to little Asa. At least this is a start, though. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe and the pictures. Especially the one of pregnant you! I love it! He's coming, he's coming!

We can hardly wait!!!
Love, Mom

Joy said...

I LOVE seeing Asa!!! Thank you for the picture!!!!! ;) It is also fun to see the goodies that you find for him! ;)

Anonymous said...

We LOVE Ticket to Ride!!!!! We must get together and play, some time, some way! :) And the picture of you is adorable! We are so excited for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can tell!!!! Great pic!!! You are a beauty!